"You mentioned trying to access information about your parents. I managed to get some for you."

Quickly, you undo the small metal pin and pull out a small bunch of paper. It is being held together by binder clips. On the first page is a picture of your mother. It's black and white but you can see her (e/c) eyes and bright white hair without a doubt. You missed her, and you felt angry at her all at the same time. How could her and your father have done this to you and Touya?

"How did you get this?"

Aizawa finishes his sake. "I have a few connections."

"Well, thank you." Inside the file was a lot on your mother that you had hidden in repressed memories. It brought her back to life inside your head.

Her name was (L/N) Emiri. She was born in Kyoto and registered with a telekinetic quirk at the age of six. It displayed her height and weight, nearly mirroring your own. There is no information on her parents or any of her family. Down below her identifying information is a section of notes. They are typed out in a different font, like they were added on at a later date.

It says that at the age of 16 she went MIA. No record shows her whereabouts during that time. She doesn't come back into the public record until she's 21, quirkless. Behind that paper is a marriage license to your father. Beneath that is a birth record for Touya (L/n). There's added text to this as well. He vanishes from Honshu island and reappears in a public school on Shikoku Island a few weeks later–going by a different name. Many years passed by, and at the age of 17 he reportedly died in a house fire.

That was before your father went on the mission he never returned home from. What you were reading on the papers in front of you was difficult to digest, not at all different from what you had been feeling since fully grasping the concept of having a brother. What did knowing all of this information now mean? Would it have made a difference in your life had you figured all of this out earlier? Would it have been at all possible for you to try and re-establish the bond you had with Touya? Why did he "die" in the house fire before your father went on his mission?

Was the mission he went on to find Touya? Was that why he never came home? Did he find the answers he wanted? Or did he die before figuring out the truth? Did Touya play a part in his death as well or would you never know?

There are only a few more pages beneath that record. The first one is the disappearance of your father. There's an official letter stating he went MIA on a mission, and was declared deceased. It was signed by a detective and what appeared to be a coroner. That meant that there was no way to verify that the Nomu you saw wasn't your father. For two years Emiri attempted to defend your fathers name, saying that he would return like nothing had happened. Did she know about what happened to Touya? Then, she was murdered. At the time they never found who did it, but now you know the truth.

"This is....more than I could have asked for." Your voice was meek, barely able to leave your throat.

"I know. I feel shitty about having dropped all of this onto you, meaning the public knowing about your private life now." He let out another sigh, deeper than before and crossed his arms over his chest. "I figured if i got this to you, it would be beneficial. I'm sorry if this is more than you can handle right now."

You swallowed hard. The lump at the back of your throat felt permanent at this point, like it was something you'd never be able to get rid of. "It's okay. Thank you, again." You take a second to regain your steadfast tone of voice. You have to remain strong. You couldn't break down yet.

"Of course." He stands up from his seat. "I have to get back to the dorms, but I'll swing by again soon."

"Sure." You rise as well, rubbing the palms of your hands on your pants. "I'll walk you out."