Chapter. 9 : candy conflict (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Then why a kid was giving the candies?" Officer Minoura asked, he couldn't find any excuse to disagree with Ranpo's statements "it would've been too lame of him if he was to do that himself in cop's uniform, so he forced it on a kid in exchange of cop's car" Ranpo was done with all the explanations

"Officer, I think he is right, his statements make sense" (Y/n) turned to officer Minoura as he pinched his nose bridge, sighing "of course, they always do" (Y/n) couldn't tell if it was out of frustration or not "fufu!" Ranpo giggled in amusement

"Also, judging from my deductions, your officer is about to run away from hospital. You better hurry" Ranpo added "understood" officer Minoura sighed

"I'll send my cops right there to arrest him"

~

The so-called right-hand officer sneaked out of the hospital, adjusted his hat as he put a sunglasses on "this should do till i fully sneak out" Kazuto smirked "they can never find me" amused, he was about to run the fastest he could.

Before hearing a crack of gun behind him

"But we already did" a feminine voice pierced through his ears, it was (Y/n)'s as she had pointed a gun at his head "and may I inform you that you can't sneak from here" she added "!?(Y-y/n)!?" he sweated, turned around to be net with (Y/n)'s frown, it was different from the one in office

"Come on, what are you doing? Lower the gun" he let out a fake smile, his voice shaking "drop the act, Kazuto. You know what I'm doing" her voice cold as snow, Kazuto's fake smile eventually dropped

"Come on (Y/n)-chan-" he got interrupted "don't 'chan' me, you're a corrupted officer" she glared, Kazuto's eyes slightly widened. The (h/c) haired cop tightened her grasp around the gun as her hand began to sweat.

"You were officer's Minoura's right-hand, everyone in office looked up to you after the officer, so why? What did you want?" The anger could be pointed out in her tone, she gritted her teeth "the evidences are there, you were the one behind the poisoned candies, and as if that wasn't already awful, you used a kid and fooled him to do that!?" She got raged, charged the gun "hands up, corrupted officer" she gritted her teeth. But inside, she couldn't tell she wasn't stressed.

The so-called officer known as Kazuto had half his face covered by his dirty bangs, a disturbing silence along with a heavy atmosphere raised up "you're right, officer (Y/n)......

There's no point in acting!"

"!!??" Before the female cop could react as she realized what he was about to do, Kazuto elbowed (Y/n)'s arm, causing the gun to fly out of her hand "guh!" She groaned, about to defend whatever attack coming from him, her eyes widened as she saw it was Kazuto who had pointed a gun at her.

"But you're not good at being a cop you know?" He smirked "!!!??" His words were like thorns to her ears as they rang "apologies, but you're not made for being a police" he added like he enjoyed frustrating her "wh-what did you say!?" She went furious, her tone dangerously full of anger "what is it? Offended?" He smirked. (Y/n) wanted to kick the gun out of his hands and make him regret what he said.

But she was stuck, those words were enough to bring back her unpleasant past events as her mind was processing everything "....." she remained silent, her bangs caused shadow over her eyes, her mouth shut closed "anyways, I shouldn't waste my time here" he pulled the gun as it let out a crack, (y/n) flinched.

"Go karl!!"

"!!!" A familiar cheerful voice beamed in as (Y/n)'s eyes snapped wide open, she titled her head only to see a raccoon attacking that Kazuto's face " wha- ughh!!" Struggling as Karl used his nails on his face, he dropped to the ground, and eventually dropped the gun.

The gun was dropped in front of a certain detective, he bowed to pick it up, as he walked to the female cop who was blinking at what just happened in amazement. She then noticed a hand stretched for her, it was Ranpo's. "Ranpo? Ranpo! Get Karl away from him!" She didn't even realize she got worried for a raccoon.

"Fufu don't worry, he is no harm anymore" he added, assuring her. The female cop didn't question further, just looked at Ranpo for a few seconds before taking his hand, getting up 'he was really on time' she thought. Karl then jumped off of Kazuto's face, running back to Ranpo, before Kazuto could even stand up, he was net with several polices surrounding him with guns pointed at his head.

"Cut the bullshit out, Kazuto" a tired voice belonged to no other than officer Minoura said "you are arrested" he glared down at his former right-hand "h-how..!?" He sweated "oh by the way!" Ranpo added, drew the attentions "just to tell you that you couldn't shot (Y/n), because when your cop outfit was hanging on the wall while you were in hospital's gown for faking an illness..." Ranpo paused as he opened the gun, revealing to everyone that it was empty as he was smiling in satisfaction.

"I took out the bullets" he added as he opened his other fist, revealing the bullets, the female cop was too amazed to talk. Kazuto's jaw dropped, now it was Ranpo's turn to smirk as he threw the bullets right at front of Kazuto "take him" officer Minoura ordered.

After Kazuto was handcuffed, he got taken to prison by officer Minoura's men. The officer himself? He was smoking "thank you again" he puffed the smoke out "of course, I'm getting used to it!" Ranpo beamed, the officer didn't know if it irritated him or he could laugh it off

(Y/n) smiled, before she saw the kid back in investigation room there beside cop's car, she walked to him "hey" she said, her tone as kind as of an elementary school's teacher "we know you are innocent" she said just in case to reassure him, she noticed the expression of his face relaxed a bit, but the kid was still sad "do you like cops cars this much?" She asked, looking at the one beside her, the kid nodded "well unfortunately, I don't own a cop's car. But..." She paused as she took off her hat to put it on the kid's head "Ow-!" The kid got confused as he looked up at the female cop in confusion "you can have my cop hat for now" she smiled down at him.

As if energy just returned to kid's face, he smiled "r-really!?" He asked "of course" (Y/n) smiled, gave him a pat "thank you! Big sis!" He said as he began playing cop's role, happy with the hat. (Y/n) stood up as she walked back to Ranpo, he was already watching, enjoying it "I wish I had brought my snacks with me" he sighed

"By the way, what is Karl doing with you?" (Y/n) asked as she fixed her bun hairstyle "hm? Oh I borrowed it from Poe-kun!" He seemed proud recalling that, (Y/n) however, knowing it was rather impossible, she got confused "and how did you?" She blinked

"I told him I would read his novels later" Ranpo turned to (Y/n), slightly smirking with his eyes closed "!!....I see... that's so you i guess, poor Poe-kun" she shrugged, Ranpo just smiled proudly as they walked under sunset.

______________________________

A/n : i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ^^ thank you for reading ^^