Memories

Started Writing: 02/08/23
Ended Writing: 02/14/23

======

Date of Story: November 1st
Characters Mentioned: Lev Haiba and Frederick Babin (OC)
Summary: Any experience, regardless of whether it was positive and nostalgic or negative and painful, is a part of who you are and has shaped you, even if you don't recall every detail.

=======

"Looks like Kiyo and Mi-Kyong are off to have some fun," Lev teased Fred in a whisper, as they watched their friends leave. Fred chuckled in response.

"How was Practice?" Fred asked Lev.

"Very unusual," Lev replied.

"How so?" Fred then asked.

"It was chaotic - some teammates got tangled in the nets, a volleyball hit Kuroo-San, Kenma-San dozed off in the gym, and Yamamoto-San nearly caused some harm. Meanwhile, Yaku-San was trying to restore order," Lev explained.

"And yet, they seem to outperform many other schools in volleyball," Fred remarked. Lev nodded silently. Fred sighed, the sound barely audible, as he brushed his sunflower-colored hair back with his hand, showing evidence of Vitiligo.

"Lev, I wanna treat you to an early dinner. Please be ready in thirty minutes. I'll pick you up then," Fred told Lev.

"Huh? Wha-" Lev turned around, realizing he was in front of his house. He lived with his Aunt, Uncle, and older sister. Like the other houses, it's simplistic with a front yard, just like the houses on the left and right sides.

One main difference is that their front yard contains a beautiful garden. It's currently growing Radishes, Sweet Potatoes, Herbs, and Kale. Small, polished stones surround it. Lev entered the house, unsure of what to expect.

He expected his sister hurrying down the stairs, his uncle belting out tunes in his office as he sewed, or even his aunt tapping her feet while preparing dinner

Nothing

Just silence

Typically, the house was noisy with Activity. It was silently still.

Lev took his dress shoes off and changed into his indoor slippers. He walked upstairs to his bedroom.

"Where is everyone?" Lev asked himself, Rubbing the back of his hand nervously. He turned the bedroom light on. A plain white, fully body mannequin greeted his sight right away, Startling Lev. Taped on the head of the mannequin was a note, and it wore a charming yet simple outfit: a snug black turtleneck, baggy beige pants with numerous pockets, and Lev's favorite black combat boots. Lev walked towards the mannequin, removed the note, and read it.

"Hey Nephew
Your Aunt and I were invited to a party, and Alisa has a date with her girlfriend. Fred is gonna take you to Katsu Kafe for Dinner. I left 20 euros in your desk drawer (Bottom right), and I prepared the outfit for you.
Next week, I'll make you some new sweaters. Do you prefer Wool, Cashmere, or Cotton? Let me know tomorrow night.
Have Fun!"
-Uncle Roman

Lev smiled softly and hummed to himself. After placing the note on his desk, he proceeded to fix his hair. He tousled it playfully before brushing it down to his right, giving it a fluffy, messy look. He changed into the outfit and placed the money his uncle gifted him into his pocket. He proceeded to apply his makeup, eventually settling on winged eyeliner with dark gray eyeshadow, lipgloss, and a light blush after some contemplation. Typically, Alisa did his makeup, but he opted to do it himself today. He was pleased with the outcome and took pride in the finished look. He grabbed the boots and walked downstairs. He took his slippers off and changed into the boots. When someone knocked on the door, Lev assumed it was Fred and promptly got up to answer it. He opened the door to be greeted with a gentle smiling face. Fred wore a red button-up shirt with a black sleeveless vest over it and paired it with dark denim jeans and red Converse shoes. He had styled his hair in a relaxed man bun held by a glittery unicorn hair clip that kept his bangs in place.