"You look pretty today."

     Jackie's face lit up, acting as though she was surprised. "Aw, thank you, baby!"

     Angie cringed as she watched her parents kiss. "You two are the most bipolar couple in Wisconsin."

"Angie, why are you in a mood?" Jackie interrogated, pivoting in her seat to face her daughter. "Are you that excited to see Luke?"

"Mom!"

Steven hummed. "C'mon, Jackie. She can do better than Forman's kid."

"I think it's cute they both like each other," Jackie admitted as she returned her gaze forward.

"Mom, we are just friends. Don't make it weird."

"Mhm, ok."

"I don't like him," Angus stated, narrowing her eyes at her mother.

"Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, not me."

     Upon entering the driveway, Kitty Forman rushed through the front door, practically jumping up and down as she waited for them to exit their car. Angus loved Kitty. She was like the grandmother she never had, considering her grandparents from both sides of her family were absent in her life.

     Once the car was put into park, Angus didn't hesitate a moment to hop out and greet her with a hug.

     "My little Angie," Kitty sighed as she released the young girl from her embrace, "you're just in time! We just served lunch."

     "Thank god, I'm starved!"

     Kitty led the Hyde family to the kitchen, immediately greeting them with the warm smell of a home cooked
meal— a scent absent from Angus's house. Before she could reach the table, a fairly familiar teen approached her awkwardly, hands stuffed into his pockets.

"Hey, Angie!"

Angus's eyes widened slightly before she quickly concealed her expression. Luke looked different from the last time she saw him— his t-shirt no longer fit him loosely, and his hair was no longer flat and messy. He wasn't some lanky, awkward kid she was best friends with. He looked... good. Of course, Angus would never admit that out loud.

"Hubba, hubba," Jackie murmured as she elbowed Angus, provoking her to roll her eyes.

"Hey, Luke. You look... less like your dad."

Steven high-fived his daughter before taking a seat at the table. Her father wore a proud grin as Red looked up from his newspaper, chuckling at the comment. Eric cleared his throat, unsure why he was being targeted.

"I'll pretend I didn't take offense to that."

"Where's Leia?" Angus asked as she sat next to her dad, trying her best not to stare at Luke.

     Of course puberty had to make him hot right when her mother accused her of liking him— which she still didn't. He was just nicer to look at. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Shooting some hoops," Luke replied, returning to his seat beside her.

      "So, Angus," Red began, glancing up from his newspaper, "your parents tell us that you're thinking of starting a club at school once summer is over."

     Angus nodded, a smirk appearing on her lips as sarcasm dripped from her tone. "Yeah, it's called Youth's Defiance. We basically riot against the corrupt government while listening to devil worship music like Nirvana."

     Steven let out a laugh as Jackie scolded her daughter, shaking her head.

     "God, she's like a little Hyde," Eric muttered as he munched on his lunch.

     "Actually, her club is about fighting against animal cruelty, like the little activist she is," Jackie corrected, a smile spreading across her lips. "Her and some other students are going to volunteer at a shelter once a month."

     "While listening to devil worship music?" Luke questioned, earning a look from Angus.

     "Sorry, dweeb. No carbon copies of Eric Forman allowed."

     Eric threw his hands up as his wife, Donna, rubbed his back in an attempt to comfort him. Meanwhile, Steven, for the second time today, smiled proudly at his daughter as he crossed his arms over his chest, leaning back into his seat.

a/n!
Sorry if this chapter isn't that great. I hate writing first chapters :p

Thank you for reading!!