Chapter 1

Everyone dreams of being on top.

"You've been waiting a long time. The winner of this award is, "

But there is only one peak.

"The favorite of an era, not a generation, the artist of the year-"

And the moment I stood at that pinnacle-.

"Baeknokha!"

I was not pleased at all.

***

"Sis! Congratulations on the real prize!"

"Nokhaya, you did a great job! Thanks for mentioning us Greenies!"

On my way home from the awards show, fans were waiting for me in the parking lot.

Thankful people. It's cold out and you're waiting for me.

I greeted my fans, albeit in the car, and sent them a final thank you.

"Thank you, our greenies. I'll come by and say hello again."

Normally, I would have said hello longer and thanked them more... but I didn't have the energy today.

In fact, I can't even remember how I got here.

As soon as I finished rolling up the car's windows, the manager's sister looked back in my direction.

"Nice work, Nokha. Seriously. I'm sure my heart wasn't in it.... You did a great job without giving it away. The acceptance speech was really... moderately shaky, but well done. They're all impressed."

The manager's sister, who had already been with the company for 10 years, calmed me down.

But at this moment, I don't hear any congratulations or words of comfort.

The grand prize trophy was also sitting on the seat next to me, just out of sight.

"Sis, thank you so much... but let's get to the hospital, the hospital first."

"Oh, yeah. Of course not. I'll be there real quick."

"Thanks."

The reason,

"How is your mom... how is your mom?"

It was a phone call that came just before he won the grand prize.

'Nokhaya, don't be alarmed, listen. 'My mother's house is on fire...'

It was simple.

But it wasn't simple at all.

That my mother's house caught fire and she was caught in it while she was home alone to watch me win an award.

The fire is now out, but your mother is in critical condition.

But I couldn't get to the hospital right away.

It was really just a matter of five minutes before I had an audience.

Third target.

Grand Prize for three consecutive years.

It was a big title to hear.

I wasn't the only one waiting for this award, it was a moment for everyone who supported me.

Just 30 minutes. Let's just accept the award, say thank you, and walk away. When my agency representative insisted that I go to the hospital right away, I couldn't resist.

'Nokhaya, I'll go to the hospital first. I'm going to tell you what's going on with your mom, and you're going to stay here for a second, huh? Take the prize and get out.'