2. hi, im stephanie

Depuis le début

"Uh, yeah. You," the redhead affirms.

"Oh. Right. Sorry. Uh...no? That was definitely not me." Stephanie winces at her response because she's totally blowing her first impression with this girl.

"Uhm okay then," the redhead says with a puzzled look on her face. Now would be a perfect time to leave but she doesn't.

"Okay, let me start again," she says as she sticks out her hand. "I'm Max."

She even has a pretty name.

Stephanie sticks her hand out mirroring Max.

"Hi, I'm Stephanie."

"Cool. See you around, Steph," Max smiles as she skates away towards the building.

Steph? Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Oh, my God.

————

༺♥༻ "Meet the human brain. I know, I know. It doesn't look like much. A little gross even right? But consider this; there are a hundred billion cells inside this miracle of evolution working as one. No, I did not stutter. Idntmspk...."

Stephanie usually enjoys science class and Mr. Clarke's lessons, but she couldn't stop thinking about Max.

Did she like me?

Does she think I'm weird?

Why did she make that face at me?

Does she like girls?

Do I like girls?

Stephanie is abruptly pulled out of her thoughts when the door swings open, making a loud noise that startles half of the class.

"Ah, this must be our new student," grinned Mr. Clarke as the principal walks in with someone who she couldn't see even if she wanted to because of Mikes big head in the way of her view.

"Indeed it is," agreed the principal with a sweet smile. "All yours."

Stephanie had given up trying to see who just came into the classroom and focused back onto her doodles she made in the margins of her textbook.

The person starts walking towards the back of the classroom but Mr. Clarke stops them.

"Hold up. You don't get away that fast. Come on up. Don't be shy." Mr. Clarke says, acting like this mystery person is a dog he's coaxing. "Dustin, drum roll."

Dustin flips the cover of his textbook to the front and starts tapping on it, imitating a drum.

"Class, please welcome all the way from sunny California, our latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage...."

Stephanie is still focused on her drawing.

"Maxine!"

Stephanie's head shoots up which honestly might've given her whiplash.

That's Max!