[27]

Luda's death was inevitable, but then again she chose this for herself. Even after all that your quench for revenge stays. Not until you kill Dottore only then your soul will be at ease.

"What are you doing?" You said, Pantalone was behind you. He shrugged and gave you a sly smirk. "It looks like the ninth harbinger has too much time in his hands that he follows me around." You said, You weren't sure why he was following you. Luda was executed therefore there wasn't any reason for the both of you to stick together.

"If I may, Would you like to come with me to dinner?" He asked which made you dumbfounded. Lyney and Lynette gazed at you both with questioning stare mouth hanging open. Your lips parted, hesitating you looked at him. "Are you asking me to a date?" Your brow raised and he replied with a chuckle.

"There's nothing wrong with inviting your wife to dinner, Is there?" You smiled. Lyney and Lynette sighed. "You should go with him." Lynette said shaking her head. You rolled your eyes and sigh escaped your mouth. "Alright."

Before you and Pantalone came to a restaurant, Luca had given you a white balloon on the way. You thanked him and Pantalone was quite lost what was the balloon all about-?

You took the balloon and you asked Pantalone to wait, However he said it was fine to accompany you. You didn't resist since this was connected at him somehow. You took the letter you wrote tying it up on the balloon's string. "A letter?" He asks, you gave him a small smile. "A letter to Rosalyne and Max."

"I have been so busy after Luda's execution. So i couldn't send letters towards them." Seeing the same dream with Rosalyne playing with your son made you feel at ease, Atleast just atleast he isn't alone. "Let's go then." You closed your eyes, But Pantalone gaze at the sky. He had regretted many things but what he regrets the most was about him not protecting you and his son.

When the both of you arrived at the restaurant, Pantalone had already chosen the dishes and you two waited before discussing some possible plans to make Dottore pay. "Wouldn't this make you a traitor to the Fatui?" You asked. He gave you a shrug. "Let them, I don't care." He said opening his eyes.

Your lips parted as you stared at him. You noticed some changes at him that made you realize how different Pantalone was now and in the past. In the past he used to be so ambitious the thought of betraying the fatui would make him mad. But talking about it so casually now, maybe the death of his son was his last straw after all.

"I'm saying this. But come back in the mansion, Lev and the others are waiting for you." You gave a small smile you didn't give him any replies. "Y/N What shall I do? To prove my love to you?"

Love. So he is capable on feeling like that, Then Do you love Pantalone? Was the warm fuzzy feeling you felt in the past was love? You felt love in your mom's arms only. A partner that loves you, You didn't understand how love works what you did know there's many types of love.

The love you received from your mother made you love your deceased child. But are you capable of loving someone, Like Pantalone? Maybe.

Maybe, Just maybe- "Sure, I'll come back in the mansion." Pantalone was more than delighted upon hearing your reply. As the waitress served the dishes you two ate peacefully until something ruined the peace.

You covered your mouth, Feeling nauseous standing up as you rushed towards the Restaurant's comfort room with a worried Pantalone following you. You were lucky enough that Pantalone rented the whole place for the both of you, He gently shifted your hair to the side as you continued to puke.

Your thoughts stopped as you looked at the mirror, Pantalone confused tilting his head as he looked at you. You were dumbfounded as you both looked at each other. This feels way too familiar. Your mouth curved into a forced smile as you grabbed Pantalone's hands dragging him out of the Restaurant. With him still clueless but nonetheless lets you drag him anywhere.

Your thoughts were too deep, You know you couldn't be wrong. Then was it.. that night? If your doubts are correct then maybe this time.

Maybe you can protect them, with him.