Chapter Twelve ~ "Just you"

((mistakes, correct later🙆🏼))

"Oh! I wanna dance with somebody!"

The voice rang through my head as I tiptoed down the stairs toward the noise.

"I wanna feel the heat with somebody!"

The noise got louder as I approached the living room. I crooked my head around the door and saw a shirtless Charlie strutting his stuff on the coffee table, using my hairbrush as a microphone.

"Yeah! I wanna dance with somebody!"

I reached for my phone in the back pocket of my shorts and opened the camera app before recording the performance of a life time.

"With somebody who loves me!"

Charlie bellowed the final line as I giggled and I stopped recording. I waited a moment before I appeared from my hiding spot, applauding Charlie's entertainment effort.

Charlie spun around, his face pale with shock. The hairbrush still firmly in his hand and his feet still plastered in his odd socks on the coffee table.

"Uh...did you just see that?" He winced, lowering the hairbrush to his side.

"I think you'll find, Mr Jones, I witnessed every single line of that performance and uh...so did my phone" I smirked, reaching out for my phone from my back pocket and waving it in his face.

"You didn't..." He whispered, his face dropped as he stepped down from the coffee table.

"Oh, I think I did" I laughed, squeezing Charlie's cheeks with my free hand.

"Post that anywhere and I'll kill you" He spoke seriously through gritted teeth.

"Blackmail at its finest" I laughed, releasing my hand from his face and patting his arm lightly before sitting down on the sofa and reaching for the remote.

"What are we doing today?" He shrugged, slumping down next to me on the sofa, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table.

"We? WE? Who said anything about 'we'?" I replied sarcastically, throwing my hands in the air for dramatic emphasis.

"Shut up" Charlie chuckled, slapping me lightly on the arm, poking his tongue out.

"I don't know anyway" I shrugged, leaning back against the sofa.

"When are you seeing the lads again?" I asked breaking the two-minute-long silence we shared.

"Uh..." Charlie started, clearly thinking. "Tuesday I think"

"Okay, I might come with you if that's alright?" I asked politely, glancing up at him with my best puppy dog eyes.

He shifted slightly before eventually nodding in agreement.

"When are you going home?" He asked.

"Do you not want me here anymore?" My giggled, slightly hurt at his comment.

"No no no, I love having you here! It's just...it's as if you'd rather spend time with the lads" he shrugged.

"Charlie, tell me a secret?" I spoke after a short silence. I stared lovingly into his blue eyes. He was my best friend and I hated seeing him hurt. Especially, if it was my fault.

"I miss you, Leah" he sighed, glancing down at his hands as he fumbled his fingers together frantically.

"I'm right here" I giggled, lifting his chin gently with my finger and grinning at him, the smile reaching my eyes.

"I don't see you much anymore and if I do you'd rather spend it with the boys anyway" he sighed, tears forming in his eyes because as we know - Charlie cries at everything. He's more emotional than me - a teenage girl.