The Falling Out

All themes and characters belong to Dick Wolf

Olivia rushed to his side and smiled,

"Rafael, you're awake!" she said relieved.

"It appears so," he quipped.

"Smart ass. Are you in any pain?," she asked.

"Mhmm, no I'm pretty well medicated," he said sleepily and yawned.

"Hey why don't you rest right now I'll be here," Olivia said.

His eyes closed once again and sleep consumed his body. Olivia returned back to her chair and sank into it. About ten minutes later she called Lucy to check on Noah, who was now asleep.

Olivia leaned back in her chair and relaxed for the first time today. She leaned her head back and let her eyes rest, soon after she fell into a deep sleep for the first time in weeks.

She saw him flip the table papers flew everywhere and the court officers come running in. The female officer was grabbed by Johnny D and he took the gun. Then she heard Nick screaming,

"HE'S GOT A GUN!"

Olivia looked at him, he smirks and turns to run towards the exit.

"GET HIM," Olivia shouted.

Her, Fin, Rollins, and Amaro followed him out. Barba, unseen, ran towards the commotion. When he ran out he saw Johnny D and his gun was aimed directly at Olivia, then Johnny D aimed it at him and spoke.

"No, this is your fault," Johnny laughed evilly.

"Barba RUN!" Olivia screamed and ran towards Barba.

Just before he was able to turn around, the gun fired and by the time she arrived to him a small pool of blood was already forming in his shirt.

"Oh my god," Olivia said half shocked.

She looked over and saw Johnny D lying on the floor dead and turned her attention back to Barba.

"Shit," Barba said.

"Hey you're going to be okay, I'm going to apply pressure it's going to hurt a little."

As she applied pressure she noticed that his eyes began to close

"Hey open your eyes Rafael," Olivia encouraged.

Someone's presence made her awake from her sleep; it was Lucia Barba, Barba's mother.

"Benson," Mrs. Barba greeted.

"Hello Mrs. Barba, I'll give some time with him." Olivia said.

"You know, he really does talk about you a lot, Benson. Thank you for being there for my son."

"My pleasure," Olivia said walking towards the door.

The next day Olivia came back and brought Noah with her since the adoption was just finalized minutes before.

"Liv!" Barba said enthusiastically, "Oh and you brought Noah."

"I did," Olivia said and lifted Noah up and put him on her other side "I just finalized the adoption, he's officially mine."

Olivia then looked down and smiled at her son, upon hearing the news Barba sat up and smiled.

"Liv congratulations. I'm glad that it all worked out finally," he said and placed his hand over hers and smiled once more.

"I couldn't have done it with your support Rafael, thank you," Olivia said.

"You deserved it, but you're welcome."

"So, I'm planning a small party, we're having a small party to celebrate Noah's adoption and I would like it if you were there." she said.

"Of course, I'll be getting released in the afternoon and I'll stop by," Barba said.

"Well I got to go but I'll see you then Rafael," Olivia spoke as she was gathering hers and Noah's things.

"Thanks for stopping by Liv, and you too Noah," Barba said looking over at Noah who smiled and began to giggle.

"I think he's starting to like you Barba," Olivia laughed.

"Same here," he responded as she walked out the door.

Olivia heard a knock on her door and saw Barba was there early. She opened the door to let him in.

"Hey, you made it!" Olivia said.

"I wouldn't miss it," Barba said smiling.

"Well you're early but the others should be arriving soon," Oliva said then noticed the gifts in the bags he was holding.

"You didn't have to get anything," Olivia said.

"I wanted to," Rafael responded back.

"Well thanks but you really shouldn't have," Olivia spoke as she grabbed the gifts.

"The blue bag is for Noah and the other one is for you," He informed.

Olivia and Rafael went over to the living room, where Noah so Olivia and Noah could both open their gifts.

"Noah, look what Raf got you," she said holding the bag and Noah squealed with delight and Olivia put the gift in front of him. He immediately tore the bag open and grabbed the gift from inside and pulled out a medium sized light brown stuffed teddy bear, which Noah hugged right away.

"Noah can you say thank you to Raf," Olivia asked her son.

"Raf," Noah said clapping.

Olivia then went to open her present. She pulled out a thin rectangular box and opened it, inside was a beautiful necklace that had Noah's name engraved in it.

"Aw Rafael it's perfect, thank you so much," Olivia said pulling him into a hug.

"I noticed that you gave Arial your other one so I got you a new one," Barba said.

"Thank you," Olivia repeated.

"You're welcome," Barba replied.

Then there was a knock at the door, Olivia went to go open it and looked over at Barba and said,

"Let's get this party started."