Chapter 2

The air was crisp that morning, and the trees were waving at me in the wind. 4:30 am oh joy!

We walked out of our car and towards the airport. I shivered. Just a couple days ago it felt like summer was in the air, but now all hope was lost to this dreadful wind. My family had so many suitcases, so we had to make several trips with the airport staff to get them all situated.

When I got into the airport my parents went over to get checked in. I, however, being my lazy self, sat down in one of the waiting chairs.

"I'm so fancy. You already know. In the fast lane..." I muttered under my breath. Yawning, I noticed my parents looking around for me. I groaned as I had to get up and walked over to them.

"Our flight is going to leave in about ten minutes honey, so we gotta hustle," my dad said.

I nodded in response and followed them as they briskly walked towards the boarding zone.

Once all of our luggage had been checked and loaded onto the plane, we were ready to take off. I absolutely love planes. Looking out my window, I see the concrete road speeding up underneath us. Soon it just becomes a blur and I feel a slight jolt as we tilt upwards and take off.

My stomach jumps at first but then I get used to the feeling and look out the window again. The clouds float around us and the sky is so blue. I just want to reach out and touch one of those cotton candy fluff balls.

*********************************

I wake up with a jolt and realize, that finally after several flights, we are landing. I scrunch my nose as I smell my breath. Yuck. My hair isn't doing too well either, frizzy, unlike how it was when I was half - asleep straightening it this morning. I pull it up into a ponytail and then wrap it around into a messy bun.

We get off and I feel so weird. I guess taking that many planes in such a short amount of time made my legs fall asleep. I staggered around looking for our luggage.

Once we found our bags we got into our rental car and headed towards the house we were also renting. As we emerged into Paris, I saw many streets and heard people talking rapidly "en français" out my open window.

We decided to freshen up a little bit and then go out into town. There was a farmers market going on and my parents wanted to buy organic vegetables or something like that. I was just looking forward to the macarons and crepes.

Sweet smells of pastries and coffee surrounded the air around me and I sighed as I inhaled. Looking around, I found a cute cafe. I just wanted some caffeine in my system.

"Bonjour, bienvenue à la petite macaron . Comment puis-je vous aider?"

I am so confused. "Je ne sais pas," I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Ah American," he says with a thick French accent. "What would you like?"

"Um, could I have a small caramel iced coffee and two macarons?" I say slowly.

"You do realize I'm fluent in English as well," he says.

I blush. "Oh."

He grins. "It is fine," he moves over to the case with all of the colorful macarons. "You would like which two?"

I look at all of the options. Rose, cherry, orange, banana, grape, caramel, apple, raspberry, and many more. It's so hard to choose. "I'll have caramel and strawberry please."

He grabs a pink and light brown macaron and place them in a cute little bag.

I thank him and then pay with my newly exchanged euros. I walk out of the shop sipping my iced coffee. Maybe Paris isn't that bad after all, I mean they have pretty good coffee and scrumptious macarons. I scan the market wondering what to do next.

"Bzz bzz!" I feel the vibrations of my phone in my pocket, waking me from my pondering. I start texting while still walking and I send my friends some Instagram worthy pictures of my treats. I glance up occasionally to check where I'm going, but my mind is buried in my phone.

Bump! "Ohmigosh! I'm so sorry!" I hear someone say.

"Wha-" I look up from my phone and see my drink spilled on the ground. Wow just my luck. I meet the eyes of a stranger and he grimaces.

He has chocolate brown eyes and brownish blond hair that's a little messed up, like he doesn't really care. His skin is light and he wears a turquoise shirt with some jeans. Turquoise is my favorite color.

"Um are you okay?" A deep voice snaps me out of my day dreaming.

"O-oh yeah," I say. "Sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going."

He laughs. "It's alright, I do it all the time too."

He has such a cute French accent.

"Well um." I say.

"Well, you do need a new drink," he starts. "And I was just heading to the cafe... Care to join me?"

AN: this is like the forth time I've written this authors note because every time nothing will load or update so yeah... And I'm still getting this account set up with re about sections and stuff I'll fill in later when I'm not so lazy. Sorry I'm a crappy writer (it comes naturally - be jealous) anyway I actually had no point to writing this authors note but whatever.
- Zoe xoxo