You kept your phone on the bed, hoping that was a sign that you'll be back and you weren't leaving if he woke up when you were gone. You walked over the crib and peeked over to see Atticus and Alda sleeping, dried tears streamed down Alda's face making your heart hurt. You didn't  even think about what they've probably heard.

"I'm sorry Alda", You whispered under your breath as you moved her hair from her face. You moved back and walked out the room, letting the door close with a soft click.

You let out a deep breath before walking down stairs as quietly as you could. You didn't have a clue on how you were going to convince your mother to let them stay with you. It sounded impossible, one you were a minor and was still in high school and if you were to take your mother to court there would be no doubt you wouldn't get custody. But the thing is, you weren't asking for custody from the court or judge. You are trying to convince your mother to let them stay with you, like a permitted type of sleepover.

Which if you think about it would only last for so long, who knows how your stepfather Mitch will feel about this. He was an easily angry man when he was drunk, would he find a way to hurt all of you? What if he decides to mess around with the mafia and put all your life's at stake.

Maybe you could get custody when you were of legal age, but was that possible. Would you have to go to extreme levels to do that? Were you willing to put your siblings' life before your own?

You paused at the thought as you shook your head, grabbing a cup from the cabinet. You weren't sure how long you stood in that spot thinking about that one question as you replayed it in your mind. You cared for your siblings dearly but would you give up your life for them.

Yes, yes you would.

If Atlas would be safe from harm's way and gets to be a kid again without fear, and if Alda didn't have to hear the arguments and be afraid of what's happening ( again your step fathers Mitch is an angry drunk who knows what's happened in that house your just taking a guess based on the past) you were willing to do anything for them.

" yn? ", A soft voice called, causing you to jump as the light was turned on, the cup in your hand almost falling out you caught it before it could hit the ground. You turned around with a nervous smile as you looked at your grandma who giggled at you.

" Grandma, hi? ", you whispered softly looking at her as you moved to the refrigerator to fill your cup up with water. Maybe you could convince your grandparents to get custody over your siblings and let them stay with you, would they do it, you had no idea but you hoped they would.

"Are you alright dear? ", She questioned walking to the cabinet you were just at to grab a tea cup, you looked at her before looking at the cup in your hand.

" Why wouldn't I be?",You answered softly, taking a sip of your water.

"Well m/n was telling us about the argument you both had '', She answered honestly, walking over to the stove, and turning it on. You flinched at your mothers name, as you watched your grandma with carefulness. You can't explain it but you felt the need to be on guard.

" what did she tell you ", You questioned twiddling with your cup as you watched her place the kettle on the stove.

"Yn, do you hate your mother?," Your grandmother avoided your question, you looked at her with mixed emotions.

"Do I hate my mother? ", You repeated her question slowly looking at her. You didn't hate your mother, you don't think you could. But without a doubt you hated her decisions in life.

"No", You answered with no hesitation as you looked at your grandmother with a raised eyebrow. She only hummed in acknowledgment. It was quiet between the two of you, as you thought of different possibilities on why she would ask that, to you it made no sense why would she ask that unless your mom said something that gave off that possibility of you hating her. Did your mother think you hated her?