15

Just a man - ?

"Yes I was, what do you tell them?", You glanced at your brother before glancing at your mother, with narrowed eyes. 

" I didn't tell them anything ", She answered honestly. 

"Exactly! her husband said that you left, that you ran away and she stood there and didn't say a damn thing", Atlas stayed looking at his mother with a glare, his hands clenched. Your mother glared back at him. 

"Do not speak to me like that boy, how about you tell your sister what exactly you've been up to you lying little shit", Your mother hissed out walking towards your brother, your brother walked back away in fear. 

" get away from me", your brother said, his voice trembling, as he stepped back, almost tripping over his foot. You walked between them pushing Atlas behind you. 

"Don't come any closer to him", you told your mother looking at her, she looked at you before rolling her eyes. 

" Atlas go upstairs", you told your brother as you handed Atticus to him, he looked at you confused before shaking his head no. 

"No i-", He started before looking at you, you glared at him. 

" I wasn't asking you, I was telling you to go upstairs atlas", You demanded this time looking back at your mother. She looked at you with an offended. Your brother hesitated before he took Atticus and went upstairs. 

"You think I'm the enemy, me," She asked her voice cracking looking at you with betrayal, she was hurt that her own child would choose the other one over her. 

" Who am I supposed to believe? You ", you questioned looking at her, your face scrounged up . 

" The woman who's defending her husband who kicked me out at the age of 13, the woman who's yelling at her child because she can't believe that her husband hit him? Of course, I'm gonna believe Atlas over you", You stated scoffing, looking at her she looked away with a scowl. 

"You don't know a damn thing I went through because of that, of that child", your mother sputtered glaring at you and walking closer to you. 

"Of course, I wouldn't, I wasn't a part of your life or theirs", You only looked at her, standing your ground. Looking at her right in your eyes.

You did not wanna argue with her, that wasn't on your to-do list. You thought she had changed. 

She looked at you taking a deep breath before backing away from you, she turned away to walk into the kitchen. You followed after her. 

" Then tell me, I'm not a mind reader, why won't you believe Atlas", You remarked standing at the door, with your arms crossed. 

"because he's a liar", She screeched looking at you, she was tired and you weren't helping at all, you wouldn't stop asking questions, why did you have to doubt her? She's your mother for god sake, she loved you, cherished you, So why couldn't you believe what she said? 

" he lied about why he had cigarettes in his bag, he's lied about money missing from my purse, he's lied to me before and you think I'll believe him" she, She ranted her voice breaking the longer she talked, counting down each incident that happened on her fingers. 

"Atlas would never smoke nor would he steal”, You stated with no hesitation, shaking your head in disagreement. She looked at you and scoffed.

“How would you know”, she questioned, not looking for an answer from you,she just needed you to be on her side. Why was no one ever on her side? She knows she's right. Why couldn't you see that, it’s not like she wanted to incriminate her son but all signs pointed to him. “ -you weren't here”