Chapter 1: The Twins

"Darling, do you think they'll be a girl or a boy?" I asked my husband. Cardan and I were in the palace gardens celebrating my pregnancy with a picnic.

  "It doesn't really make a difference does it? Either way, they'll be taught 101 ways to kill me before they're 8." I laughed at his answer but didn't deny it. "Of course it better not just be me. You should teach them tricks for everyone except your court." He gave me a kiss on the head while we both laughed.

  "I suppo-What the hell?!" There was a loud gasp interrupting my sentence. I turned around to be face to face with the stuff from nightmares.

  Pitch black. Five Minutes in nothingness. I had no idea where I was or where I was going to land. I was tiring in the coronation room when I felt myself literally fall through the floor. When I finally land I see many other figures lying on the ground.

  "Taryn? Are you there?" Locke was asking me. "Are you alright darling?" Where the hell were we? Looking around I saw my older sister, my father and the two princes.

  Just then peals of laughter rang out. All of us looked up trying to locate the source of the sound. It was then that it clicked. We were in the Royal Gardens.

  Wanting find out more, I got to my feet to find the person who was previously laughing. I turned a corner round a hedge and was met with the sight of my twin sister cuddling her rival.