❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ❀

Start from the beginning

" Leave?!" Ronal cried out in disbelief. " You live amongst us and you learn nothing!"

Koänä looked around the group for Trítön. She found him standing behind his parents, slightly hidden from her eyesight. The girl sent him a pleading look. He only stared at her then his eyes drifted to his people.

Trítön could not help but feel nervous. He had a giant hunch that the words Jake Sully spoke were true and that they did need to get the tulkun out of here as quickly as possible, but his morals stood with his clan. He followed them.

Jake began to refuse and tell the people what the sky people would do to them. How they'd go for everything they love. His whole family knew it was true. Neytiri had told them stories of how the hometree had been wrecked by the hands of sky people.

" Stay calm." Neteyam told people around him. Koänä wished she had the calm attitude he had. She was furious the people were being too stubborn to listen. It made her want to punch someone. " Stay calm! Listen to my father, he speaks the truth!"

Koänä watched as her father snatched the tracker from his son's hand and got onto the net where Ronal and Tonowari stood. He showed the group the tracker, Koänä frowning at the sight of the thing that killed such a sacred creature.

" You tell the tulkun that if they're hit by one of these things they are marked for death!" That seemed to shut everyone up. They now looked at the tracker with fear lingering in the gorgeous ocean blue eyes they've been gifted with.

" Saving their lives is all that should matter!" Koänä suddenly said. Everyone's eyes casted to her, some with glares. " Save your family. Your brothers, sisters. Please."

Tonowari looked at the young girl before stating,       " Tell the tulkun."

Koänä let out a breath of relief as his command. She heard Ronal yell at them to go and they all began running in different directions to go. Koänä and Neteyam watched as Lo'ak ran off within the crowd. The sister felt her heart drop into her stomach. She went to run after him but Trítön gently grasped her arm, turning her to him.

" Come with me. Meinu needs to be warned." He asked but she ripped her arm from his grasp with an apologetic look.

" Lo'ak needs me." Her voice cracked. She paused for a second wondering why she was becoming so emotional all of the sudden. It didn't feel like the right time to become emotional.

The girl truly did fear for Riko and Meinu as they swam freely in the waters with people possibly hunting them next. It scared the Omatikaya girl and the Metkayina boy to the ends of the earth. Although Meinu was not Koänä's spirit sister, she loved her like she was one. She wanted nothing but to go warn her and make sure she was still alive but her brother was her first and main priority.

Koänä ran away from him but heard his footsteps right behind her as they went to find Lo'ak.

" Why do you always have to make things so hard?"

Koänä felt her body freeze as she saw Neteyam towering over Lo'ak. The youngest brother looked at Neteyam with slight betrayal and sadness in his eyes.

" No, you mean why can't I be the perfect son like you!" Lo'ak retorted. Koänä walked toward them and set her hand on Neteyam's chest, slightly pushing him away from Lo'ak. " The perfect little soldier! Well I'm not you, okay?!"

" Lo'ak, please, you need to think about what you're doing." She pleaded him, grabbing his arms tightly so he couldn't move from her grasp. Lo'ak looked at her guilty.

" I'm not you." Lo'ak looked back to Neteyam, shoving his sisters hands off of him with a grunt.        " He's my brother. I'm going!"

Koänä knew those were the wrong words once she felt Neteyam shove past her, making her stumble back a bit.

" Oh he's your brother?" Neteyam grabbed Lo'ak's arm tightly. " No. I am your brother."

" Lo'ak, 'Teyam! We do not have time for this!" Koänä shouted at them angrily. They both looked back at her but Lo'ak slipped from Neteyam's grasp and jumped into the water.

Koänä shoved past Neteyam and dove into the water, swimming as she called for Nala. The ilu came swimming up after a while of Koänä swimming and she quickly made the bond before racing after Lo'ak. She heard Neteyam and Trítön a bit behind her, ultimately feeling relieved that there were more people coming. She had a very bad feeling about what was going to happen.

" Lo'ak!" She yelled after him. He did not slow down but in fact sped up. She let out a huff, anger coursing through her whole body. She looked back to the group seeing Tsireya, Rotxo, Ao'nung, Kiri, and Tuk had joined them.

This fueled her anger even farther knowing that all of her siblings and the Cheif's children, plus Rotxo, were now being dragged into the mess.

" I'm going to skin you by the way." She told Lo'ak once she neared him. He looked at her and rolled his eyes calling for Payakan again.

The tulkun swam up and the first thing both of the siblings noticed was the tracker stuck onto him. Koänä got off her ilu and got on top of Payakan. She immediately started to say assuring words to the creature even though he probably couldn't hear because of the yells from the other people nearing them. She bent down, placing her hands around the tracker and tried to lift it up with all her strength.

" Bro come on! Help me!" Lo'ak called at Neteyam.

She watched as everyone slowly got onto the tulkun and began to panic at the sight of the tracker. Trítön crouched and tried to help Koänä take the tracker out. She heard Neteyam yelling at Lo'ak in the back to call the situation in. She turned to look behind her for a moment and saw a giant ship coming towards them.

" Fuck!" She yelled out.

All of her siblings looked at each other nervously. They had never heard Koänä yell so loudly or so angrily. It slightly scared Tuk to watch her older sister become filled with rage. The Metkayina children all looked at one another once she yelled, the word being foreign to them.

" Ao'nung, grab the rope. We are going to tie it around the tracker." Koänä instructed the boy and he quickly did so before throwing the rope to her.

Koänä tied the rope to the tracker tightly, knotting it a couple of times to make sure it would stay on. She glanced behind her seeing boats come from the sky ship now. Neteyam got onto an ilu and began to swim away while they all pulled at the tracker. Tsireya was shouting, Kiri was shouting, Trítön was shouting, but she did not focus on that. She focused on getting the stupid tracker out of the tulkun. The tracker flew out a couple of minutes after and Koänä quickly grabbed it.

" Everyone get on an ilu and go! Now!" She yelled at them urgently. Koänä looked behind her and saw the boats very close. She cursed under her breath and looked down at the tracker in her hands. " I'll lead them away. Everyone just go!"

" What?! No, Koä you can't!" Lo'ak protested and her other siblings followed quickly on the protests.

" Shut up and go." She spoke dangerously low. Everyone glanced at one another with nervous looks. She was the oldest after all. It was her responsibility to keep them safe, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

Trítön looked down on the girl. " Come on, we'll ride together."

She glanced up at him before nodding and hopping into the water. She got onto the ilu that he had previously called. Trítön told the ilu to just go and it did. He held onto her thigh tightly as they sped through the waters. Once Koänä saw the submarines under water she knew they were truly fucked. Even with knowledge of the water, it was going to be very hard to beat the sky people. They had technology that at this moment, Koänä dreamed they could have. One of the submarines came extremely close to them and the ilu went faster before being struck down by a mechanical..crab?

______________________

WE'RE GETTIN CLOSER TO THE END!!!

idk bout y'all but I'm lowkey nervy

very excited tho heheheheh