Not wanting to wake her, Ben sat still until she woke up about a half an hour later. When she yawned and looked up at him with sleepy eyes he couldn't help but smile, she blushed and smiled back.

"Um do you mind getting off before something happens?"

She could feel his emotions now better then before, he was slightly nervous and embarrassed. "There isn't anything to be embarrassed about." She said with a smile.

"There will be if you don't move soon." He looked away as he said this, his nervousness, and something else was still growing.

Gardevoir's look of confusion only grew. "...I don't underst- OOP!" She was interrupted by something poking her in the butt. "Sorry." They both said in unison. She rushed off of his lap and took a seat beside him, looking the other direction in embarrassment, Ben was doing the same. A long awkward silence followed but Ben was the one to break it.

"I don't think the rain is going to stop anytime soon. I might walk to my mom's now while it isn't thundering."

"But I...you could catch a cold."

"I think it's already too late for that." He wore a somewhat goofy grin as he said this. "Anyway, it's about 8 miles down the road, I'm gonna get going." As he went to get up she grabbed his arm and desperately held on to it. "Please don't...leave me..." As Ben looked back he could already see the tears forming in her eyes. Guilt got the better of him; he sighed, sat back down, and put his arm around her. They looked into each others eyes for what seemed like hours.

She rested her head on his shoulder again. "Im sorry I just-"

"Shhh." He hushed her. "It's ok; it's not your fault." Yet another long silence followed.

"Ben?" She didn't move her head.

"Hmm?"

"I think...I'm in love with you." If Ben had a drink he'd be spitting it out about now.

"But...we just met yester-"

"I don't care!" She yelled into his shoulder. "You're so...compassionate and strong."

"Am not." The blood rushed to Ben's face, turning it nearly beet red.

"You are! I've never met anyone like you, and I don't think I ever will again." She broke into tears. "I understand if you don't love me back but...but...but..." She could barely speak through her own sobbing.

Before she could continue Ben pulled her into a tight embrace. "I...can't say I feel the same way now but... you never know what the future holds, maybe in time I could...grow to love you too."

They looked into each other's eyes one last time before she pulled him in for a passionate kiss, Gardevoir was in heaven. She held his head for as long as she could until they both had to breathe. "Don't ever leave me, please."

"Wouldn't think of it."

Almost all of her remaining worries melted away as she rested her head in his lap. They simply sat in silence, enjoying each others company but one last thing was unnerving Gardevoir.

She didn't move her head from his lap and continued to stare at the wall. "Ben?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I'm...attractive?"

Without hesitation Ben replied "Of course I do."

"Do you think I'm really attractive?"

He hesitated before speaking this time. "What are you trying to get at?

"If I were human would you still want me?"

This question confused Ben more then the last. "What are you talking about?"