Sorta Like Sleeping Beauty

Beginne am Anfang

I know he's upset about Lily being gone, but no one treats me like that, ever. I caught up with him, his unique, blonde hair a dead giveaway, and noticed he'd gone to the kitchen. Typical. I sighed..until I realised what he was doing exactly.

He pulled out a large butcher knife and held it out in front of him. I thought he was going to come after me, so I slowly backed away from him. "Niall, please, I'm only trying to help you." His blue eyes met my hazel ones, and I was expecting hatred in his, but only found misery. "I know she's dead...so I'm done, Zayn. I'm just done." He raised the knife to his throat, not even looking afraid.

I was ready to tackle him when I heard someone enter the kitchen. "Lily Carter isn't in this house, but we've discovered fingerprints of this "X" person. We know who-" I stared at the officer who'd interrupted Niall as he walked in with his notebook and data.

I waited anxiously to hear X's name until Niall stopped him. "Excuse me." I looked to him and he no longer had the knife at his neck. I saw his hands behind his back though, like he was still holding onto it. "Yes?" The policeman responded, apparently puzzled with Niall, as was I.

"We already know who X is. We were just making some breakfast, so if you wouldn't mind..." The officer gave each of us a suspicious look before exiting the kitchen.

"What was that about?! He was about to tell us who X is!" I shouted as soon as the officer was out of earshot. "We have more important things to deal with." He took out the knife again, and I felt my eyes widen in disbelief. "No, no, no," Niall assured me before I freaked out again.

I stared at him uncertainly. "I don't trust you. You were just suicidal a few minutes ago." I pointed out as he pouted. " I know. I'm just tired of everything going wrong. Louis, Njeri, now Lily. I was intending this for something else though."

I rolled my eyes at him before answering, "Niall, I don't think now is really the best time to eat." He gave me a pathetic, forced laugh. " I was talking about killing X." I chuckled until I saw how dead serious he was. "You can't possibly be serious."

I looked at him doubtfully." I am though; this has gone on for too long. It's time we make, er, X scared." No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't imagine little Nialler as some badass killer. I didn't want to do this, but he was acting truly mad now. "You're on your own then."

Niall's P.O.V.

Whatever. I'll do whatever it takes to save Lily, assuming she's still...alive. I swallowed nervously at the thought of her being dead. "Bye then." I fumed at Zayn before storming off. I'l find her...dead or alive..with or without Zayn.

*************************

"Are there any places close to here?" I hurriedly went up to one of the policemen who was alone, not wanting the rest of them to hear me. "Yes, there's an ice cream place, a road to take you to a shopping centre and um.. a cemetery, but I don't see why you'd want to go there."

I thought about how evil Perrie was and decided that she'd taken Lily to the cemetery. "Well..." Okay now for the fake tears. I sniffled a few times before continuing, "My mate's sister's husband's aunt's neighbor's daughter died. I'm pretty sure she was buried close to here. Ed knew her too; both of us were close to her." Seemed like a believable enough lie.

"What about your girlfriend?" Ugh, I didn't think he'd mention Lily. Now it'd be harder to go find her by myself. "Well, er, I trust you lads to find her. What good would I be anyways?" It hurt me to say that, even though I was obviously planning to go find her.

"Oh, uh, alright then. You'll need a guard with you though. I'll go find one." He walked away and I looked around before running straight for the front door. I wasn't going to let a guard stop me! I was so focused on finding the cemetery, that I didn't pay attention to where I was going, and ran into a man who was heading inside.