Every moment I spent with her made me regret every moment I was gone. Why was I such an idiot?

She caught me staring and laughed, tilting her head slightly before speaking, "Liking what you see?"
"Liking it a bit too much," I answered honestly and watched her eyes open wide in surprise.
"Stupido, shush," she shut the door, making me laugh and return to looking for some gym clothes.

I eventually found my black Barca shorts, with a red nike tick and blue stripe down the side, and it's matching t-shirt with no sleeves. I decided it was good enough and piled everything else back into my bag, I wanted to check out the gym they had here tomorrow morning.

Amelia came out the bathroom after a few minutes in a big white t-shirt that hung to her mid thigh. I wondered if it was hers, maybe it was Friscos. I knew she said they weren't dating but there's no way he didn't like her, it's impossible not to. It's just something about her.

"Stop staring, you're making me feel weird," she said, snapping me out my gaze and realising I was zoned out looking straight at her figure.
I smiled dumbly, "A good weird or a bad weird?" I joked.
"An uncomfortable weird," she said dryly before laying on top of her covers.

"I'm joking, I was zoned out. Not everyone is always staring at you Amelia, god. So self centred," I laughed as she turned to look at me with a straight face.
"You're not funny Junior."
"But I am. I'm hilarious!" she raised an eyebrow at my words, making me laugh more before remembering the incident earlier today, "Can I see the message?"

She let out a shaky breath, reaching for her phone on the bedside table, making the shirt ride dangerously high up her thigh. She unlocked it and passed it to me.

———

Unknown

Amelia we know you're in America
and we haven't forgotten the way
you treated us and abandoned us
after everything we done for you.
You'll be seeing us soon and it won't
be under the circumstances of a cute
family reunion, it will be quite the
opposite. Keep an eye open, we've
warned you. If you try to run it will
just make it more fun. See you soon :)

———

"They're actually fucked in the head. What's wrong with them?" I stared at the message in horror.

She shrugged, laughing awkwardly and taking the phone back off me, "It's not that deep."
My eyes widened, "Not that deep? Are you okay?"
She laughed again, brushing it off, "Just drop it Ney, it's not a big deal."
I watched in disbelief as she turned over, ready to sleep. What if they knew where we were? What if they do something and I'm asleep? What if I can't help her in time?

"Stop overthinking and go to sleep Neymar," she said, knowing me too well.
"Why do you always pretended you're so strong and nothing bothers you?"
"Because I am. I can bench your body weight," she laughed, not turning to face me but holding up her arm to flex anyway.

"Amelia, I'm being serious. I know we're not as close as we were before and I know it's my fault but even when we were dating, you never once let yourself get vulnerable. Why do you build up these walls? I'm here, here and ready to talk to you, ready to try and make you feel better but you never accept it," I said, growing annoyed.

"Just as I was ready to drop them walls, a guy I really liked decided to cheat on me so I don't know, you tell me Neymar. Why don't I talk to you?" she said coolly.

"Amelia please, I've said I'm sorry and Im trying to make it up to you. I'm doing everything I can to be there for you when you need me, to make sure you're okay but you're not letting me. I'm aware of what I've done and how badly I've fucked up but I also know why you're saying that and if you think diverting the topic is going to work, it isn't. Your parents are looking for you and we need to decide what we're gonna do."

"Neymar please," her voice was quieter and cracked as she spoke, "There's no we. I need to decide what I'm going to do."
"I don't care what you say, I'm not letting you deal with this by yourself," I said bluntly, acting as if her comment didn't bother me.

"Amelia?" I asked as she didn't answer.
"What Neymar? What do you want me to say?" I heard her sniffle and knew she was crying.
"That you forgive me," I said smiling cheekily.
She laughed then, "Nice try."

"Come here," I beckoned her over but she simply turned in her bed to face me.
"I can't do that," she shook her head at me. Just seeing her already bloodshot eyes and tear stained cheeks, pulled at my heart.

"Why not? What's the worst that can happen other than you actually sleep and I can make sure nothing bad happens?" I asked, throwing my hands up slightly, wishing she'd stop trying to fight me and realise I was here to help her and on her side always.

"That I end up falling for you again," she said quietly.
I smiled in the dimly lit room and hoped she didn't see.
"Well we know that's unavoidable so it doesn't matter," I joked and saw her roll her eyes, "I'm joking, just come here."

She let out a sigh before finally getting up and climbing under the sheets of the left side of the double bed.
"There's a charger there for your phone," I pointed to a socket by the bed, "Just let me change quick."

She nodded as I got up and changed into some joggers on the other side of the room, not really caring whether she saw or not. I didn't bother to grab a t-shirt or anything before pulling the sheet back and laying down beside her.

I hesitated before deciding to put an arm around her. She didn't argue and instead moved closer to me, resting a hand on my chest as I kissed her forehead.
"Are you alright?" I asked her as I still felt her shaky breaths from crying. That's when she broke down.

"I'm scared Neymar. I'm really scared. I don't know what to do, who to tell. I want to go home, I don't wanna be here," she cried as I stroked her hair.
"I'll be with you as long as you need, nothing's going to happen. Okay?" I moved her head so she'd have to look at me. She nodded before moving her head back onto my arm.

"You're annoying but I still love you, you know?" I laughed slightly as I admitted it to her and felt her body tense up next to me.
"Don't say them words unless you mean it Neymar. Please," she almost begged, closing her eyes for a second, like she was recomposing herself.

"I'll do what it takes to prove to you that I mean it Amelia. Just try and sleep, today's been long," I kissed her forehead again and continued to stroke her hair until I felt her breathing steady out and knew she was asleep.

I wasn't lying, I will do anything. I'll prove I'm worthy of her love again. Whatever it takes.

———
2000 WORDS AGAIN OMG

AND THIS IS SO IRRELVANT SO DONT READ IF U DONT WANNA ITS CALM BUT TODAY I HAD A VAPE ON ME YEAH BUT LIKE I DONT ACC USE THEM ITS A LONG STORY BUT I HAD IT IN MY POCKET AND MY CRUSH (SO SO SO SO LENG) WAS LIKE AMELIA LET ME HIT IT, WHICH BASICALLY MEANS HE WANTED TO PUT HIS MOUTH ON SMTH MY MOUTH HAS BEEN ON, THEREFOREEEE MEANING HE BASICALLY SAID HE WANTED TO KISS ME. CALL ME DELUSIONAL I DO NOT CARE, I AM WIFED AS OF TODAY.