Chapter 63 - First Day Out (of the Hospital)

Start from the beginning

"You can say it's something like that."

I looked at him. "Okay, hypothetically speaking, was those  same feelings the reason you wanted me to live with a different member of Bonten?"

"Yes."

I blinked a couple of times. I didn't think he would answer these questions like this. "Are you feeling okay, Kakucho?"

"I feel fine." He made a left turn. His apartment complex was starting to come into view. "What made you think I was sick?"

"Well you literally just told me you have feelings for me without a second thought."

"And?"

"And?!" I couldn't really think of what I wanted to say. "You know what, I'm not even going to think too much about this" I thought. "Umm, weren't we suppose to pick up my pain meds?" I decided to go ahead and change the subject.

"You're right." He had just parked. "We should go ahead and pick up your prescription." He put the car in reverse and backed out of his parking spot. He then put his car in drive and started heading towards the nearest pharmacy. "Since you decided to pretend the conversation we just had never happened, I'll go ahead as well for now."

"Of course he would notice me change the subject like that" I thought. "Okay then."

The two of us sat in silence...well we just listened to whatever song my Spotify decided to play.

"Hey, Kakucho?"

"Yes?"

"Does Mikey drive or..."

"He usually has one of us take him wherever he needs to go." He stopped at a red light.

"So he can't drive?"

"Why don't you ask Mikey yourself?" It almost sounded like he was trying to tease me with that question.

"Don't play with me like that, Kakucho" I warned him. "You know how difficult it is trying to talk to him."

"I know first hand."

Our conversation ended there and Kakucho kept driving towards the pharmacy. Once we got there, I got my pain meds and was asked what I felt like eating tonight by Kakucho. I told him anything was fine and he took us to the grocery store that was near the pharmacy. In the grocery store, Kakucho got the ingredients for dinner while I put different assortments of snacks in the basket. I still didn't really contribute to what we should eat tonight but I did push the basket. So I think I contributed a lot by doing that.

After we were done in the grocery store, we went back to Kakucho's apartment. The first thing I did was go into his room and lay on the bed. "I miss this bed!" I nuzzled my face in the blankets, not even thinking about if they were clean or dirty. "That hospital bed sucked balls." I stopped nuzzling the blanket and sat up, looking over at the door where Kakucho was. "Um, I can explain."

"No need." Kakucho turned around and got ready to start preparing for dinner. "You just seem happy to be back here."

"I am." I got out of the bed and joined him in the kitchen. "Need any help?"

"Didn't you cut your fingers while cooking?"

"Ohh...yeah, that wasn't a good lie." I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. "I don't really think Yumi believed me."

"I don't think anyone would believe you managed to cut your fingers five different times."

"Well it's not like I could tell her my fingers ended up like this because of some bozo." I looked at my fingers. "You guys would definitely make sure I don't spill the beans about anything Bonten related to her."