Jas started sniffing a little more harder now. I even felt myself start choking up from Shane's kind words.

"I'm not going anywhere, squirt. I'm gonna work extra hard to be here for you... Jas? You okay?" Shane asked.

Jas let out a sob and I heard a grunt from Shane after some shuffles. Then more cries and sniffles. "It's okay, just let it out..." Shane said. It was clear Jas was crying from the emotions she felt. I blinked and quickly got up, not wanting to ruin this time at all.

"Do you want to put on your new slippers?" Shane asked.

"Y-yes please." Jas said. That was the last I heard before I turned and walked up the path a bit. I decided to sit down and wait for Shane to either walk out or give it an hour for the moment to cool down. It felt way too personal just barging in like that. I ultimately decided to put the letter in Marnie's mailbox and sneaked through the forest to get to town.

***

"He is SO cute!" Haley gushed once I was at their house.

"Alex? Really?" Emily questioned.

"He's all a girl could ever want, really." Haley twirled her blonde hair around her fingers and clicked her tongue. I giggled at that. Me and Emily decided to have a girls night finally and get together to discuss things and have a "break from life" as Haley says.

"Emily what about you?" I asked, popping a cherry gummy in my mouth. She set down her wine on the coffee table and spun around slowly as if she was dancing at a ball.
"I want a man who's in tune with nature but also in tune with humans. Does that make sense?" She asked. I glanced at Haley who had an obvious confused look but I slowly nodded.
"Like a... sensitive guy?" She asked.

"Yes!" Emily picked a pillow from the couch up and hugged it. "A sensitive man with strong feelings."

"Who's your type, Bambi?" Haley asked, straightening her skirt.

"Uh-"

"A man who's short, dark hair, stubble, heavier set, and likes alcohol." Emily laughed. I glared at her.

"You actually like Shane?" Haley slowly took a sip of her glass, "and I thought they were just rumors."

"What?!" I covered my mouth in horror, "the town gossips about that?!"
Haley stood up and walked to her room while explaining-

"This town is small, some gossips bound to fly around. Marnie just thinks you may admire Shane's..." she peeked out with just a bra on, "form... her words." Haley went back inside to change. I dug in my bag I brought and got my pajamas out which just consisted of my oversized shirt. I slipped all my clothes but my underwear off and put on the long shirt that hung above my knees.

"I think he's my best friend but nothing more." I shrugged. Emily skipped in her room as Haley came out.
"We should do something tonight." Haley ignored me and giggled. She wore pink pajama pants with a white tank top. "Like a prank!" She said.
I instantly felt my mischievous side come out. I wasn't allowed to do a lot of pranks at my house after the 'incident' because everyone just got mad and accused me of lying.

"Like what?" Emily came out with red dotted shorts and a matching ladybug shirt.

"We should just do a harmless prank on somebody." I said, "unless we wanna do a mean one on Abigail."

"You don't like Abby?"

"No!" I snapped, "she's so weird... and she eats rocks." I muttered, earning a high pitched laugh from Haley.

"Let's put these in Lewis' garden." Haley walked to her room and threw a plastic bag in my lap. Emily jumped over the couch to look at it over my shoulder as I studied it.
"Are these boxers?" I asked.
"Lewis' boxers." Haley corrected.