2|Otakus Unite!

Mayu observed her classmates who looked oh-so cheerful. She wondered when was the last time she flashed a genuine smile just like that.

She hugged it closer to her chest, it was her only comfort at times like this.

"Orihara-san"

She glanced at the left and saw Koro-sensei in front of her with a book wrapped by his han- erm... tentacle.

Was it a dictionary? she thought.

Before she knew it, the book was already on her hands. "Sensei, what's this supposed to be?"

"Wrote that by myself!" Koro-sensei huffed proudly. "Nurufufufu~"

Curiously, she flipped the pages and noticed. "Were these the lessons I missed?"

"Why yes, yes it is" Koro-sensei nodded. "Anyway, better get ready for Physical Education class Orihara-san"

Koro-sensei instantly vanished from the spot, making Mayu stand up from her chair while she still held on to it when someone bumped into her.

It fell out of her arms and before she could even extend her hand, that person already picked it up for her.

Mayu intently stared at him as he, in turn, stared at it.

"Isn't this Monokuma?" he asked.

Mayu nodded, her eyes never left him. "You...

.

.

.

.

.

"YOU'RE WATCHING DANGANRONPA?!"

A small smile cracked his lips which instantly vanished as he responded, "It gets pretty lonely when you're the oddball of the class and nobody here talks about anime..."

"Orihara Mayuzumi! Nice to meet you!" the silent girl from a while ago immediately stuck her hand out for a handshake.

He looked at it questionably but shook it.

"Takebayashi Kotaro" 

To his surprise, Mayu flashed a big smile at him and patted his shoulder. "As much as I would like to chat with you, we should get to class"

Mayu sprinted towards the door and glanced at Takebayashi who was still standing there in surprise.

"What are you waiting for?" she asked, a hand on her hip while the other still holding the stuffed bear. "Get a move on"

-

The class saw the two emerge from the building and a bit shocked to see the new student cheerfully chatting with the oddball of the class.  They watched them as Mayu spoke her last words before going to Koro-sensei.

"Is there something I can do for you?" Koro-sensei asked her.

"I-I was wondering" Mayu looked down on her shoes before she looked back. "Can you take care of Monokuma for me?"

He cocked his head to the side in confusion as he looked at the stuffed toy. "Why are you carrying that in school?"

"Well, Monokuma and I are inseparable friends and I don't want to leave him at home" Mayu explained. 

"Well then, okay" he took the bear with one of his tentacles. "Now off you go, we're gonna start in a few minutes"

"Hai!" she nodded.

The sounds of exercise echoed across the field in the sunny afternoon.

"Wield your knives properly from all eight directions now" Karasuma-sensei instructed.