One Shot

Timing: Season 2, whilst Ross and Rcahel were a thing.

(Monica's view, the whole thing.)

Today, I wanted to go shopping.
Infact, I NEEDED to go shopping.
I was going to go get an interview at this really fancy restaurant, what was its name again? For all I know, I just need to pay for food.

I go to the table filled with 3 hungry animals, my friends. Chandler, Joey & Rachel.

"'Goffa go fof an aufifion!"
Joey said, still having a piece of bread in his mouth.

"Goof luff!"
Chandler joked about Joey's mouth that was still stuffed.

It wasn't much, but it was always enough for me to squint my eyes and laugh at him while he goes to the washroom to get his hand washed.

He was the funniest.

"I love you too! Bye!"

I looked over Rachel, who was the best at giving advice for buying stuff, she was truly the best at fashion. So she'd be the best friend for me to take with.

"Hey Rach, you free today?" I asked her as she got off the phone.

"Ooh, not today sorry honey, Ross & I reserved a table Java Joe's."

"That's alright, have fun! I'll just ask Phoebe, where is she by the way?"

"She's gone to this really cliché, suave kind of place to visit animals."

"You mean the zoo?"

"Not the way she said it," Rachel scoffed.

Ah shit. That means my only option is?

I look back at the speaking noise of the bathroom door which revealed Chandler.

In all honesty, I had this petite, wee, tiny little crush on him.

with all the people gathered up at apartment 20, I could bottle up all my feelings and what i thought about with him.

but, alone in a mall full of romance movies and couples walking around, I don't think I could be able to stand much long.

"Hey um, chandler,"

"Yellow!" He said laughing and drying is hands off. "What's up?"

"Hmm, you know I desperately need new clothes for my interview tomorrow..."

"Okay..." he said sounding skeptical.

"Could go to the mall with me?"
I begged him.

"I had plans toda-"
My eyes widen, the kind that makes me seem like a helpless dog, missing one limb and desperate for affection and care.

"Akgh! Fine." He exclaims seeing my helpless face.

"I'm only doing this once!"
He says going back to His & Joey's apartment.

"Don't need you to do it twice!"

"After shopping we're doing what I want!" he says.

"Alright then." I say looking at him pissed, whereas inside I was totally melting.

As we get away from the mall, strolling in the pathways of Ney York City, since the mall was close by our flat's.

"I can't believe you didn't buy that suit! that looked so good you! You brought me all the way here still you didnt buy the best." Chandler exclaims as I look at him.

"Ehh, I was kinda iffy about it."

"You know if the problem were with the money I'd help you pay." He says looking the bag he was holding.

He didn't let me hold any bags, such a gentleman, how could anybody not the be in love with him?

"Yes I-" a sneeze escapes my face, as his eyes widen.
"know...." I complete my sentence.

"Where's your jacket? It's freezing!"
He says looking at my white shirt and sweater, realizing I never had a jacket to begin with.

He walks over to me and gives me his.

HE. IS. SO. SWEET.

As he puts his leather coat around my shoulder, I could smell his cologne.
Whatever he applied smelled like Jasmine, his scent was tantalizing.

"Hey um, what did you wanted to do after this?"

"We could rent a movie & eat take-out. I ringed Joey, and he's staying up at some girl's place."

"Wow like we never do that," I say as he gives me a small smile.

we reach our apartments, he pulls me into apartment 19 after we get changed, sitting in the recliners.

I picked the movie, Titanic.

60 minutes into the movie, I feel a head against my collar bone, it was Chandler's, he was so tired, he fell a sleep on me.

Taking this as a useless opportunity, I start to talk about my feelings for him, what better time than he is unconscious?

To be honest, I feel more unconscious than him.

"You know, those 20 minutes w-we walked, those were the best 20 minutes of my life."

I say, as I stroke his hair.

"You were so nice, so kind giving your jacket, not letting me hold any bags, tying my laces when they got off.."

"Your adorable face when you saw I don't have a coat.."

"You'll never hear this but countless attempts I've tried to go on my tippy toes that walk an-and.."

"and kiss you."

"and even if I imagine it, the kiss never happens? i get so close, so close to you with my hand around your neck, b-but it never completes..." I say taking his hands.

"why's that?" he mumbles getting up and I shriek.

"OH MY GOD! HOW MUCH DID YOU HEAR?" I ask while screaming so much, that I think that Mr. Heckels will revive from the dead to shut me up.

"all of it," he says and gives me a cheshire cat smile.

"Oh no..."

"Tell me though, why doesn't it happen in the imagination?"

"O-our noses get in between.." I say, looking at the irony of the sentence.

He probably hates me now, oh god.

"Nose's don't get in-between!" He says, unfazed by my whole rant about him.

"Y-you never kno-" My sentence was cut by weight on my lips, his lips on mine, is this the afterlife? I loved the way he tasted. As he puts his tongue is my mouth, dominating the kiss. Enjoying the sudden feeling, I give him all the control.

as he slowly pulls away, his lips glossed with saliva, his eyes beautiful and deep, his hair slightly ruffled from having my hands in them, wow.

looking at him like that, I'd want to do that again.

"that proves my point.." I say looking at him with needy eyes.

"I'd say no, why don't we test it out one more time?"

and with that, I need to come up with an excuse for being late to my interview tomorrow...