Chapter 15

"How about we move her over there? The light is a lot better right now but it'll be cloudy again soon".

"Good idea, Grace. Guys!! Let's move over there to try and get a better photo".

Today, we're running around Manchester trying to find good locations for a last-minute shoot that we need to get done. There are a few different types of looks, so we also need different-looking areas that fit each theme. And we also need the weather to behave but it's Manchester. We can't ask for miracles.

My phone rings for the 10th time this morning but it isn't anyone from work this time. It's Rúben.

"Hi. How are you?"

"Good, just finished training. You?"

"I'm at work. We are giving the poor model a tour of the city trying to find good locations".

"At least it isn't raining", he laughs.

"Don't jinx it".

Ever since we saw each other at the magazine's party, Rúben and I have been chatting every couple of days. Mainly over text, but we've also had a couple of phone calls. It's been...nice, actually. He reminds me of Bella in the sense that it was very easy for me to connect with him. It felt like we had been friends for years since the beginning and that helped with my major trust issues.

"Remember the restaurant I told you about?", he asks me while I'm putting my phone in between my ear and shoulder so I can use my iPad.

"The Italian?"

"Yes. I've tried getting a reservation again and nothing. It didn't use to be so busy but a celebrity recommended it on their Instagram and now it's always booked".

"Aren't you a celebrity too?", I joke.

"Not important enough, apparently".

"Maybe you should try saying you play for United?"

"Ha ha ha. When do you start with your stand-up comedy? I want to buy tickets for the show".

"I don't know about that. I'll save them for the important celebrities".

The good side of how easy it is to talk to Rúben is obvious. The bad side is that it can be distracting.

"Grace?"

"Yes?"

"I was calling you but you were busy on the phone. Is it Andy?", asks the photographer.

"No, but he sent a message", I say, opening it on my iPad.

"Ok, we'll try that. Are you done with your call? We need to drive there".

"One second".

I move away from everyone to get some privacy.

"I need to keep working. Was there anything you needed to tell me?"

"No, just the restaurant stuff. I hoped we could have dinner there this week but it's impossible".

I can see the impatient faces of everyone on the crew, which is causing me anxiety. "Well, find somewhere else or I'll cook for you. I need to leave, sorry. Bye!"

Running with heels still isn't my speciality, but I have to do it anyway if I don't want everyone to leave me here. "Coming!"

When I'm back in the car, I get a message.

Rúben: are you a good cook?

Grace: I actually am pretty good.

Rúben: dinner at your place then.

My apartment doesn't look good enough all of a sudden. He can't see it. He can't be there. It's probably a lot smaller than his. And my decorations aren't as expensive. And what if he doesn't like Luna?