Year 3

Marcus are sitting down in the compartment where he is sharing with Neville, Seamus and Dean Thomas. He has not looked up from the book he is reading ever since he has entered the train, now sporting a square reading glasses on his face.

Neville peeked from over Marcus's shoulder to see what he's reading, just for his eyes to widened when he saw what Marcus was reading. "Is that a book about your family tree?" He asked, Marcus turning his head toward Neville and looking up at him.

Marcus nodded, looking back down at the book when he notices how close their faces are. "My father gave it to me yesterday. He told me he wanted me to see what the Sawyers was like." He said, feeling Neville nodding his head on his right shoulder. He can feel his face slowly getting hotter and hotter by the seconds as he can feel Neville's body heat just from how close they're sitting.

"I wish my family has a book like yours." Neville said, not saying a word on the blush on the brunette's face when he looked up at him.

"I think it's for the best." Marcus said, moving his head back down to look at the book before pointing down at a sentences in the book. "Look at this one for instance: I was the best at everything, no one can compete with me. What does that even mean?" He said, scrunching his nose.

Neville smiles down at Marcus, finding the nose scrunch really cute. "You can tell they're Slytherin." He said, Marcus nodding in agreement with him. "Though a lot has changed since then. Your father really breaks the chain of the bad and evil Slytherin in the Sawyer."

Marcus side lip quirked up slightly, looking up into Neville's brown eyes, feeling the Gryffindor's breath on his face. "Yeah, and I'm glad for that." He said, face still red from the close proximity. He's wondering why Neville didn't say anything about his face being red yet.

"Why is your face turning red by the second?"

Nevermind.

Marcus shakes his head, looking down at his lap. "Don't worry about it." He said, not noticing that Seamus is watching the whole interaction in front of them.

Neville nods, nodding his head to the book. "Can I read it?"

Marcus nodded, holding out the book for Neville, and when Neville took the book from him he looked in front of him and make eye contact with a smirking Seamus. He raised one of his eyebrows at what the boy in front of him thinking.

"Looks like someone has a crush." Seamus mouthed teasingly to Marcus making the smaller boy face flushed harder than before. Seamus chuckles from under his breath, he didn't think Marcus could get any redder.

✮ ⋆ ˚。𖦹 ⋆。°✩

Marcus is sat down at the Slytherin table, not paying any mind to the students as he looked at where Professor Dumbledore has stood up take make another speech.

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat from beside Professor Dumbledore to get him back to subject.

"Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor."

Marcus applauses with the other students, excitement showed on his face for the new Dark Arts Professor. "I can't wait for his class." He muttered to his friends as they nods in agreements.

"As some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own, Rubeus Hagrid!"