Knowledge and Understanding

-Unknown date, unknown time-

After the initial meeting with the king, Amaki, Kawasumi, Iwatani and I were led to our sleeping quarters, as promised by the king himself. By the time we got to the room, the sun had already set, and that was before I knuckled down and attempted to study the 'Status Screen'.

I will admit, the feast that was prepared for us was pretty amazing, and something I've only seen at Christmas parties I've gone to. Another fact that surprised me was the fact that the entire feast was prepared the moment the cardinal heroes were summoned and were being dished when our talk with the king concluded.

As we entered the room, I took off my leather jacket and draped it over one of the nearby couches, took off my runners and plopped my ass on the soft mattress. After getting comfortable on the mattress, I opened the menu and began reading everything currently available.

Hmm, from my current understanding of the menu, each weapon had numerous forms that could be unlocked by fusing materials with the gems embedded in each weapon, in my case, the spear's red gem. There were some other spaces below the fusion method, but they were blanked out and marked with a '???'. One feature that stood out to me specifically is that the holy weapons require no maintenance whatsoever.

Although, the 'fusing materials with weapons'  mechanic reminds me of Final Fantasy Explorers.

Another fact I've read is that this world operates on a system that reminds me of typical JRPGs that I've played when I wasn't hanging out with friends, and family or doing any kind of work. Mainly shit like exp, levels, skills, and motherfucking magic.

The fact I had a chance to use magic just boggles my mind.

"Yo, Iwatani. Can you pass me something from the bowl?" I asked the shield-bearer, who nodded his head, grabbed a purple pear-shaped fruit, and tossed it to me, which I caught in my left hand. When I took a bite out of the purple fruit, there was a sweetness followed by a bitter aftertaste, and while I did find that odd, it was a nice piece of fruit.

I'd give it an 8.5/10.

"You know, this world reminds me of a game." Iwatani offhandedly mentioned as he lay on the red couch, arms spread across the head of the couch, earning looks from Amaki and Kawasumi. I merely chuckled at the comparison.

Iwatani was right in a way, though it seemed like less of a game and more of an Isekai or one of those Gamer stories that one of my classmates would rant about while on the piss.

"I can see ya point there, Iwatani. Especially with classic JRPG mechanics like exp, classes, and how the stats are laid out." I mentioned, getting a nod from the Shield Hero.

I heard footsteps approaching me.

"Excuse me, Thomas." I heard someone speak up, and when I looked towards the voice. It was Amaki, and he was directly looking at me with an even look, his arms crossed around his chest.

"Ya need something, bud?" I replied.

"Tell me, do you believe that this world is like the VRMMO Brave-Star Online?" Amaki asked. Huh? That's odd, I haven't heard of a game called Brave-Star Online back in Ireland or Japan for that matter. And what the hell is a 'VRMMO'?

I guess it has something to do with the Oculus and similar setups.

"Surprisingly, I haven't. And even if it was a minor title, I would've at least heard rumours about it." I answered, with Amaki letting out a sigh of disappointment before nodding to himself.

I swear, if it wasn't Motoyasu making mention of any game rumours, it was that hikikomori bud of mine, Tokuno'o Kentaro, who would've made mention of it.