10 | eonian

10

eonian

continuing forever; constant and indefinite

18th June, 2019

THE first rays of the sun had hit the window panes of Ye Bin's bedroom, a long time back

THE first rays of the sun had hit the window panes of Ye Bin's bedroom, a long time back. The sheer curtains hanging onto the rods, moved noisily as the wind played with them.

Ye Bin was lying on her bed stiffly thinking about herself. The duvet blanket was resting on the top of her body to keep herself warm. She was staring at the ceiling which seemed to be full of interesting patterns, thanks to the chipped paint. Her mind was a roaring  sea like any other day. Her rationality was floating like a small fragile boat on the surface of that dangerous water body.

Ye Bin felt an urge to echo her hidden laments to someone. She had covered her deepest secrets within the flesh and blood of her heart. The key and map to it was now hidden somewhere unknown. She didn't even know whether it would be possible again to return back to how she was once. No matter how much her heart yearned to hold onto someone and vent out her worries, her lips remained sealed.

Han Ju Ho seemed like a great human being. He was doing whatever he could to nurse her back to health. She was indeed grateful for the kind words and properly cooked meals. However, it was too early to think warmly of him. She wondered whether he would stab her on the chest in the middle of the war. Everyone else did the same. He would too, oneday. That's how life is.

She wasn't sure why she was growing into a person she never thought she would be. It was funny how certain events hold the power to completely change a healthy and smiling person. People on the streets looked so happy, living in their own bubble. The truth of their lives and secrets remained masked. They were in a masquerade with candy floss like lies on their tongues. One who would taste the sugar, definitely would want for more. The desire of wanting the forbidden would ultimately put them in a sea of salt.

She had transformed into a living corpse while trying to keep body and soul together. The stress about how to make ends meet looking like a never ending litany of  heart piercing thoughts. Who knew that oneday she would be cursing out her younger self who had no ambition? The one who thought that love would put food on her table was surely getting herself on the list of the biggest fools in the world.

The sound of Ju Ho calling her from outside cut her thoughts short. Groaning a little she removed the blanket from her body. It was hard to get out of the bed but food mattered. Wrapping a light shawl on her scantily dressed self, she went to answer the call.

The view outside wasn't really something she was expecting. Han Ju Ho was standing with a big smile and dressed in a peculiar attire. He immediately took off his cowboy hat and bowed like a prince when her face peeped from the half opened door. The black shirt that hung onto his body, looked straight out of a countryside theatre's costume rack. The  skinny purple jeans hugged his legs and  had stickers of neon stars attached to it. Everything looked so out of place that it took Ye Bin all her strength to not burst out laughing.