Chapter 2

"You're Brian fucking Jones." I say.

"Without the fucking. Where am I?" He looks around.

"Uhm- my bedroom."

He walks to my laptop. "What is this?"

"It's- how are you here?" I look at his hair. "You should be in 1963, not 2023." He fumbles. "What did you say?"

"I- I'm so fucking drunk honestly." I chuckle. "I must be dreaming." I get comfy and hiccup. "I must be too." He looks at me.

Brian sits on the bed and looks around. "Your room looks awfully strange."

"I am offended." I say and look at him. "Sorry."

"Why does John Lennon have such long hair? And glasses? And George Harrison, he's got a moustache." Brian looks at my row of portraits of the Beatles in 1968. "Yeah, that's uhm- well- uhm-" I struggle to find the words. "What is 2023?" Brian looks at me.

"It's the current year..." I gulp. "Excuse me?"

I rub my face and sit up. "I can't believe I'm even saying this. But you time travelled obviously. I thought that sort of thing only ever happened in Beatles fan fictions or back to the future-"

"Fan fictions?" He looks at me intrigued. "Yeah let's not show you them shall we? It's 3 o'clock in the morning and I can already feel my hangover coming on, so I'm going to sleep. Don't leave this room okay? Not until I wake up."

"Okay." He watches me. I get comfy and look at him. "What."

"Nothing." He looks away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of my alarm wakes me up the next morning and the hell that is a hangover comes crashing down on me. "Fuck my life." I stretch and yawn. I suddenly remember the event that happened hours before. I sit up and look around. He wasn't anywhere. Maybe I was dreaming. I could have been spiked at the club. I rub my face and slip my slippers on and shuffle into the bathroom. While I'm sat on the loo I hear whistling from the kitchen and sigh. "Fucking knobhead- other fucking people live here stupid wanker." I grumble and slam the toilet lid down and walk out to the kitchen. "Do you realise other people live- Brian?" I stand in the doorway. Brian looks at me while pouring a tea. "Oh- you don't mind do you? I got bored I'm sorry.. but this kettle- wow." He chuckles. "Great bit of technology, plugs into the wall and everything. Back home I had to put it on the hob- though uhm-" He holds up the kettle to show a really brown bottom. I frown. "Sorry."

"Doesn't matter, I barely use it anyway." I rub my face and grab some pain killers. "Hangovers still exist in this future then?"

"Very much so." I swallow the pain killers. "You have to go back."

"But my tea?"

"After your fucking tea jesus Christ." I yawn and fall onto the sofa. He watches me. "I'm suprised the fashion style hasn't changed at all."

"Yes it has."

"But your wardrobe, it's full of clothes from my time."

"Because- because I wear vintage. I dress like it's the 60s." I look at him. "Best way to go I should think." He drinks his tea.

"Right you came out of my bathroom. So go back in." I push him into the bathroom and shut the door. "What?"

"Now open the door when you're ready." I stand back and watch the door.

There was some silence then he opened the door and looked at me. I sigh. "Do it again."

"But Jane-"

"AGAIN." I push him back in and close the door and step back. He opens the door and looks at me. "Do it again."

"Jane this isn't working." He sighs.

"You must be doing it wrong." I walk into the bathroom and shut the door. He looks at me. "You do it like this Brian." I open the door to a room that isn't mine. "The studio!" Brian runs out and looks around.

"See? You were just doing it wrong." I walk out and look around and gulp.

"Thank you Jane, thank you so much." He kisses my cheek and looks at me. I blush. "Now, let's get you back." He pushes me into the cupboard. "But-" he shuts the door. "Okay open it!"

I sigh and open the door but he's still there. "Great not this again."

"Do it how you did it before." He shuts the door.

"But I did!" I take a deep breath and open the door and it's still the same. "Fuck."

"Uhm." He walks into the cupboard and closes the door then opens it again to the studio. "Oh."

"Mhm. Oh indeed."