Chapter 25: A Silent Way Back Home

Start from the beginning

"Would you like me to bathe you?" she asks politely.

"No, I'd rather do it on my own," I reply sighing.

"Very well do you need anything else?" she asks.

"Some food would be great," I respond, I'm hungry surprisingly so she only nods before scurrying away.

I sigh again before removing all my dirty clothes and submerging myself inside the warm waters and soap.

I  wash my hair first before scrubbing all the dirt and dried blood off my  body. I notice the scar on my leg, Jack had healed it back at the other  boat. I miss him already so I only shake the thought off before I end  up hurting more.

I can't stop thinking about him.

His lips on mine.

His hands on my own.

His body hugging mine.

His rain scent.

His luminous eyes which I crave to see at least once more.

I put on my sleeping gown once I am done bathing before the maid comes rushing inside with a platter and silver glass.

"Anything else?" she asks, she seems nice.

"May I know your name?" I suddenly ask and she flinches a bit at my question.

"My name is Leslie," she replies shyly and I send her a weak smile.

"Nice  to meet you, Leslie, I hope we can get acquainted," I respond and she  suddenly looks up at me. Her face is not that warped as the other  residents I have seen and her figure is quite petit.

"I hope so too June," she replies before leaving.

I open my platter and see eggs with hashbrowns and orange juice which has been poured already into my glass.

I immediately gobble it all before brushing my teeth and plopping my body onto this fancy bed.

I feel my body slowly drift away while I try to ignore all these agonizing thoughts.

Jack.

Mother.

Nana.

All the runaway children.

They'd all be safe now.

Even if it hurts me to the deepest part of my being I have to let go.

I hope they can forgive me.

"Miss, wake up," a sudden voice rings into my ears.

I groan annoyingly as I feel a hand shove me lightly.

"What is it?" I respond a little too rudely.

"The  master wants you to have breakfast with him, I'm here to help you get  ready," she replies as I feel my eyes flutter open to meet Leslie's  gaze.

"I see I'm sorry for being rude," I reply before sitting up.

"May I know what you'll like to wear today?" she asks while tossing a few dress options on my bed.

"I  frankly don't care, would you mind picking something?" I ask and she  nods taking out a long blue dress with a red embodiment. I'm so  accustomed to wearing red so it feels a little weird when I try it on.

It's  tight around my waist and reveals some of my cleavage so I immediately  pull it up to hide it as much as I possibly can before putting on a pair  of Victorian boots.

Leslie helps me tie my hair into an elegant bun before accompanying me to the dining area.

Andrew  is already waiting for me at the dining table, he is wearing a dark  green suit and red tie without a tophat this time. He immediately  flashes me a smile while pulling out a chair for me to sit on.