Chapter 24: The Blind Eye

Start from the beginning

"Did you see where the light was coming from?" I ask Bitty and he nods while wobbling past the enormous rocks and pillars.

We both follow him closely trying to evade the small river which could drown us.

Bitty  then takes us past another small cave entrance before stopping, Jack  flashes his light but there is nothing only piles of rock and stone.

I let out a groan, another dead end.

"C'mon maybe we'll find something," Jack suggests with some enthusiasm but I still feel stressed.

"I'm supposed to be the grumpy shadow not you," Jack tells me playfully and I give him a light punch which he only laughs to.

"Shut up," I mutter while following him into the small room.

We both look behind the rocks and rubble hoping to find something that may lead us to something.

Jack looks around the wall trying to see if there are any levers or buttons but we find nothing.

This place is just as empty as it is useless.

"I'm  seriously going to have a stroke if we keep having false leads like  this," I mutter angrily but Jack only places a hand over my shoulder.

"We'll  find it June," he reassures me but I'm starting to feel helpless on  this quest, I've gotten many answers but no sign of the blind eye and  that is what this mission is mainly about.

Before any of us can do anything else my amulet begins to glow strongly and my journal goes flying out again.

Red and black ink begins to scribble through the pages as it glows brighter and brighter every second.

It suddenly stops but my amulet does not stop glowing, I slowly pick up my journal and glance at the fresh new ink.

Instead of a map though, there are instructions warning of some sort of traps and other things.

"What does it say?" Jack asks bending down to see.

"Instructions of some sort but I don't get it," I respond shaking my head.

I look down at my amulet which is glowing now dimly, perhaps it could lead us to where we are supposed to go.

I slowly walk forward and it slowly begins to glow brighter.

"I know where we are supposed to go, my amulet will lead the way," I answer and Jack raises a brow.

"How?" he asks and I smile.

"Same way I found you," I respond with a cheeky smile that sends him blushing crazily.

I only laugh a little before walking forward.

I can feel my excitement grow as we walk and my amulet becomes warmer at every step.

Perhaps, this would be the end of it, I'd find the blind eye and end Andrew.

Free all my friends and return my mother to her body.

I'd have Jack and I wouldn't mind a marriage with him...not now though we still need to grow up a bit more before that.

I wonder what Jack's age is though?

I don't really mind if he is older but I am curious.

"Hey, Jack?" I ask while avoiding any possible tripping stones.

"Yeah?" he asks while humming a bit.

"How old are you?" I ask and he suddenly flinches.

"What?" he asks more out of bewilderment than surprise.