Chapter One: Xanix, Country of Ice

Chapter One

“Princess Lithia,” Azura bowed, as she entered the room. Sitting at the edge of the window was Princess Lithia, princess of Xanix, country of Ice. Isolated from the modern world, Xanix along with a few other countries are called Elemental countries, hidden from human’s eyes. Each country held the power to elements, ice, earth, fire, water, air, darkness and metal.

Lithia turned at her name, “Yes Azura?”

“Princess Lithia, your lesson has started.” Lithia nodded at her maid before gracefully getting off the window, following Azura out to her lesson, with her silver hair trailing behind her. Lithia never liked her lessons, it was always long and boring but she must attend them otherwise she would never be able to help father like her brother and sisters. Her lessons with Lady Ariel is especially torture, since Lady Ariel are one of the strictest teachers in Xanix, she would always make sure you listening and make you take notes.

Azura opened one of the many doors in the castle and led Lithia inside the room. There she stood, straight as a stick, tall as a tree was Lady Ariel. Lady Ariel, a warrior in the Trian War, tied her unmistakeably bright red hair in a bun, wearing a blood red gown. Her eyes always in a familiar glare position, making her coal black eyes scarier than they seem. Lady Ariel teaches royalties about the History of Xanix and elemental countries, like the Trian War.

“Princess Lithia,” Lady Ariel greeted as Lithia entered the room.

“Lady Ariel,” Lithia greeted back, wanting to get out of the room already.

“Today’s we will continue on from the previous lesson, the Trian War. As you can remember, Trian War was during the years of World War One…”

During the years of World War One, the elemental countries started to have their own war. The Trian War. It was called the Trian War because it was a war between 3 countries, Xanix, Geonda, country of Earth and Pyroquil, country of Fire. Lithia was just a child when the Trian War has started and was not the brightest memory from Lithia.

After many years, the Trian War has finally ended, but not peacefully. More than half of the population of Xanix and its land was either destroy or taken by Geonda or Pyroquil. Lithia was just 14 by the time Trian War has ended. People from the Elemental country, does not have the same life span as humans from the modern world, instead they one year of elemental people equals 3 years of human years.

“Lady Ariel, what happens to the Xanixians that escaped to the modern world?”

“They lose touch of our world, and become human. They would forget that they ever known this place and their elemental gifts. It’s as simple as that. That’s why not many elemental people go to the modern world.” Lithia nodded, as she absently took notes thinking how it’s like to lose touch of element. Lose touch of our world… I can’t imagine forgetting about Xanix.... 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.“Sorry to interrupt your lesson Princess Lithia, but King Arthur requested you to see him,” Azura said.

Lithia smiled at Lady Ariel, “Can I please be excused?”  Lady Ariel nodded sharply. Lithia felt that she was finally free from her lesson, silently thanking her father.

***

The minute Lithia noticed as she walked into her father’s study room was the King and Queen of Aerin. Country of Air.

“Lithia,” King Arthur called. Arthur Samuel Pride, Lithia’s father was the King of Xanix. Lithia being the second youngest daughter, she has mostly her mother’s features. But Lithia inherited her father’s Iris eye and light blue streaks.

“Father, mother, your majesties,” Lithia greeted while she bowed. Lithia’s mother, Athena Elizabeth Pride, one of the most beautiful women in everyone’s eyes, long silky silver hair which Lithia inherited and forest green eyes that you makes you feel that she can see your soul.

“My my, Arthur you never told me what a beauty your daughter was,” the Queen of Aerin said, slightly shock at Lithia’s appearance. “Princess, I am Catherine, Queen of Aerin. And this is my husband, George, King of Aerin.”

“Very pleased to meet you Queen Catherine and King George,” Lithia smiled gently, a little confused with the situation she currently in right now. What are the King and Queen of Aerin doing here in Xanix with mother and father? Lithia thought.

Lithia took a seat at the corner of room and waited patiently as the Kings and Queens of Xanix and Aerin spoke quietly, occasionally glancing at her. 

***

Lithia cannot believe what her parents said and she collapsed onto her bed. She was to be married off to the Prince of Aerin and rule by his side. Why can it not be one of my sisters? Heather is good, she’s smart, she’s polite. Lithia thought bitterly. Heather Ophelia Pride, the oldest daughter of King Arthur. She inherited her father’s curly chocolate brown hair with silver streaks and forest green eyes from her mother. Heather is older than Lithia by __ years, leaving the most responsibilities to her. Or maybe Natalie, at least she’s better than me. Lithia continued her thoughts.

Natalie Jennifer Pride, the third youngest child of King Arthur, and second oldest daughter. Natalie and Heather could both be twins if they wanted, with their hair, eyes and facial features, many people thought they were twins. Although Natalie and Heather’s personalities are completely opposite, Heather was quiet, polite and mature while Natalie was loud, a little polite and immature. Many people wondered why they were completely different when they were just a few years different.

Lithia rolled towards her bedside table, looking at the small charm bracelet, bringing her old memories back.

“I just wish the stupid war would end,” a young girl about 10 years old, pouted.

“It’ll be okay,” a young boy about 11 years old, “Look on the bright side it’s not that bad. At least I got to meet you because I was running away from the soldiers.” He smiled gently and lovingly at the girl.

“That’s the only thing good about this war. If there was no war, no soldiers, no you,” the girl sighed, smiling sadly at an empty space. The boy leaned down, and kissed the girl’s cheek making her blush.

“I wish you never left,” Lithia whispered sadly, tears threatening to come out.

~~~

New story... this is for Watty Awards.... yeahhh... i hv very limited time i no.. PLEASE OH PLEASE vote every chapter D: i might hv a prologue later.... hehe