Fashion Shows and Secret Societies

Later that night, the girls headed over to the wealthy Gilmore's house for Friday night dinner.

"Who the hell names their kid Lemon?" Lorelai asks, referring to one of the girls that Y/N and Rory met at lunch.

According to Rory, Paris had come up to her after lunch and said that the girls they were sitting with just so happened to be part of a secret (not so secret) society, The Puffs.

"Someone really into Citrus." Y/N jokes.

"Crazy, crazy people!" Lorelai scoffs.

"It's just so weird that the one table that we sit down at, is home to the secret society." Rory says.

"I know it's like waking up one day and realizing that everyone else in your family can pull their face off." Lorelai jokes.

"Yes, it's exactly like that!" Y/N replies back sarcastically.

The door opens, revealing a new maid then the last time.

"Your mother would like you to head out to the patio. We're barbecuing tonight ." The maid explains.

The three girls give each other a weird look.

The Gilmore's were barbecuing?!

"Thanks" Lorelai finally says slowly walking in.

"Grandma barbecues?" Rory whispers to Y/N and Lorelai.

"I don't know, this is totally weird for her." Y/N says.

They walk outside onto the patio.

"Wow! She really is barbecuing!" Lorelai exclaims.

"Cool!" Y/N and Rory both exclaim.

"What's up poppin' fresh?" Lorelei teases the chef who was working the grill.

"Ooh, corn!" Rory exclaims.

They each grab one.

"Thank you!"

"Mmm!"

"What is this, a refugee camp?! Come inside and eat at the table." Emily exclaims walking in on the girls devouring their corn.

"The whole point of barbecuing is to eat outside." Lorelai complains.

"Animals eat outside! Humans eat inside with plates and utensils. If you want to eat outside, go hunt down a Gazelle! Make your decision, I'll be inside"

Lorelai looks at her two daughters.

"What are the odds of finding a Gazelle around here?" She asks.

"Slim to none"

"Ok, let's go"

***

"I'm extremely disappointed in you, Lorelai." Emily says.

"What?" Lorelai asks confused.

"After all we've done to get the two of them in, and then you humiliate all of us by not being involved?"

"Hey! They weren't involved either!" Lorelai points out.