ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

Ah, damn it! I couldn't open the door, even if I tried! There's no way escaping from this, and this is really a trap. They told me to stay here - and I knew they are going to punish someone. I just know it! This happened countless times! And when I obliged, the next thing I hear is shrill screamings coming from below. I was already too late. Always the 'almost there' one. It's frustrating. A bunch of adults pushed me in whatever random room they find closest to me, and locked it so I can't get out. Always the one reprimanded as the 'soft' one, the one who always forgive....But....Didn't Ohisama En used to be like that too? That's the problem, the issue. That scheming, filthy hands of his....And our obliviousness that we landed right into his trap..! Isn't there something I can do to help him?! He didn't mean to land his team in failure, nor did he wished to....I don't know...lose so soon....If everyone had a choice, of course they would choose to be the former. Midorikawa...Please...just use your brain from all that reading, put them to good use!!! Please!! Let all the knowledge that seeped into your tissues help you crawl out of this deep hole now! Argh!!! The door's still locked! I could burst it open, but that would only cause a scene....

-ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴀʀɪᴏ-

Reize rubbed off his temples every 5 seconds...But the sweat seems never ending. Apparently the situation is that he's kept in confinement in a cell of 15 minutes for him to reflect on his....shameful defeat. Desarm technically gave a really clear warning: Repent on your humiliating defeat by Raimon, mere humans of a team, yet you, and your team, enhanced beings, can lose to such losers.

Reize try to shake the thought off his head. He couldn't be punished - probably be beaten to death by a soccer ball is the most likely way to have a concussion. Just then, the door opened ever so softly, and his held his breath. The lowest ranking captain - what did he expect? He's supposed to just follow orders, but he doesn't have to when they're friends. Mostly the term 'bossing' around. However, he felt a pang of jealousy, how Hiroto and (Y/N) get to be together at the tip of the mountain when he is just on the ground. He wished he had a genie in a lamp, he makes a wish and everything is what he wanted to be. 

Today's definitely not the case though. A superior entered indeed, but not the one he projected in mind. Of course, he had been incredibly stupid - to think Epsilon is going to deliver his punishment while the screams behind tiny window is his doing. While his teammates are beaten to a pulp on the field by the notorious Desarm, Reize sits here frozen at the face he saw. Epsilon could never compete in proficiency among the three master rank teams, and Gaia in the lead. This means it could be pure luck he escaped from Gran's clutches today.

"Good afternoon, Reize." Gran sounded just as blank as he looked. Reize, a man of manners, wanted to stand up and return the polite greeting but Gran spoke faster than his mind could comprehend his actions. "I'm here to bring you to your punishment. Follow me." Reize didn't know what's wrong with him, he stuttered. "H-Hai!" He walked out behind his superior, resembling a robot in the process. 

He knew whatever or wherever he is, it can only symbolise pain and misery. Anyone with half a brain probably ran - but they all know in the end, there's a slim chance of escape. And Gran had a hold of his wrist, and he wouldn't dare to disobey or make him upset. 

From the very beginning, he had always been extremely shy and timid. Even intimidated, he works to the best of his limit to prove he was loyal to them no matter how horribly unfair he was treated. Of course, no one really shares the same concept as him. Along with fear, he somehow has admiration for them too. But that life was long over. It was casted out 3 months ago. His 'meaningless life' or so what this head of organisation says, has been buried bottomless to make way for this new life as 'aliens'. He was in no position to argue, not when he's just a mere 14-year-old kid who understands nothing of the adult world. And a subordinate to the rest of his captains. 

They barely even saw each other after their opposite ranks had divided them. Reize was surprised that Gran had decided to make time for him at all – unless he'd been put up to it, of course. Yeah, that was probably the likelier possibility.

Gran and Reize entered an elevator and pressed the button to the floor where he and his teammates resided. This took Reize by surprise. Each team owned one floor with separate bedrooms in the spaceship, the practice fields being right below. The cells Gemini Storm had been locked in were on the basement level, so he had expected they'd be going down. But then now to the top floor?

All the way to Gaia's story? Was there some kind of torture chamber there?

His question was quickly answered when the pair reached the right floor and none of the doors indicated a room that says 'danger' with torture devices behind them. In fact, they walked straight to Gran's room. He unlocked the door with a code – a luxury the likes of Gemini Storm could never afford –, waited until they were both inside, and then locked it again. Reize had a quick look around, but Gran's room appeared just as ordinary as any other. No fancy stuff, a safe, anything. It kinda looked just like his room, except the lock on the outside. Gemini Storm uses keys. Unless Gran planned to reduce him to a slave and coerce him to clean his domain, he had no clue as to why he was doing here.

"I have only one order for you...."