"Right." He said. Mrs Bridgerton looked over at her eldest son. "I can only imagine how nervous Ms. Edwina must feel now that she is to be a married woman of the ton. Especially now that she is to be the head of this household." She said.

"Are you assuming she is to suffer?" Colin asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Taking care of the lot of you... yes." Hope said, biting into her toast. Eloise snickered in her chair. Anthony chuckled heartily before humming. "Sister, Miss Sharma and the Queen has asked me to invite you and your sisters to be her bridesmaids for the wedding. She knows that you and I are close and would like to honor that." He said, making his mother smile and Hope nodded her head with a soft smile.

"Of course. It is not every day you're asked to be a bridesmaid." She said. Mrs. Bridgerton clapped her hands together once. "Well isn't this wonderful!" She said excitedly.

Dear gentle reader,

A march down the aisle may very well be the longest walk any young lady ever takes. It does not simply cover the length of the church, but rather, countless floors for dancing, and meandering paths for every afternoon promenade too.

It is a wonder, then, that feet do not tire or, heaven forbid, trip under the scrutiny of all those attentive eyes keeping close watch, indeed.

The Bridgerton brothers were having a pre-wedding rendezvous with a bottle of aged whiskey in the viscount's study room.  Anthony sat sluggishly in his chair, thinking about his current predicament with the Sharma sisters, while Benedict and Colin were playing a game of pool.

Anthony gulped down the whiskey in his cup that kicked back in his throat.

"It is meant to be a sipping spirit," Colin said.

"Have you not heard? The viscount believes in hurrying things along these days. First the wedding, now his drink. Let us hope, for Edwina's sake, the tendency stops before the honeymoon." Benedict teases, Anthony shoots a glare his direction. Suddenly the doors of the study opened revealing Hope in a baby blue dress, her hair pinned half up and down. Benedict's eyes trailed over to her and lingered.

"Have you always been so vulgar, or has staring at naked models all day turned your brain to charcoal?" Anthony said, making Colin whistle at his question. "Must he choose just one?" He asked with a giggle. Hope walked over to the bottle of whiskey and poured herself a small glass.

"That has always been the privilege of not being the firstborn. You both get to choose your passions and adventures, while I, on the other hand, must fulfill my—." Hope cut the eldest brother off.

"Tell me, dear brother, once you are married off, will your duty finally fulfilled so you can stop reminding everyone of it?" She said before rolling her eyes. "I believe the reminders are also my duty, so no." Anthony said, making everyone groan in annoyance.

"No need to worry. Much will remain the same, apart from the fact that I shall finally have my viscountess, as is required."

Required? Hope thought with a look of confusion. Benedict sighed. "Indeed. Not much shall change at all. Though, soon enough, we will have a tiny Anthony to contend with, running around, declaring all of his tiny duties too, no doubt." Benedict said, causing Hope to chuckle and point towards Anthony.

"If the gods are good the child won't be born a tyrant." She said before the two brothers laughed once more before Benedict raised his glass. "A toast!" He declared. Anthony clenched his jaw. "What is it we are drinking to if not the future?" He asked.