chapter 12 | home to you

Start from the beginning

"I see. That's cool." She nodded. "Can I...?" Sebastian pointed at the books indicating if he could take one. Cassandra immediately motioned with her hands for him to go ahead.

And so he did. The title read 'In The Name of Loneliness', and his fingertips softly traced each letter. Cassandra approached him, Sebastian could feel her looking over his shoulder at the book he had grabbed. He turned to look at her, she was so close. Her hands were on his back, and her chin rested on his shoulder. His heart might have been beating faster than normal.

"You picked a sad one. If you want to know how heartbreak leads to loneliness that's a good read." She said with a scowl and looked back at him. There was a glint in his eyes. "What?" She furrowed her brows at the way he was looking at her.

He blinked. Twice. "I'm sorry, I just," He wanted to keep Cassandra in his mind forever. "I do like you. A lot." His gaze flickered to her lips for a split second. She noticed.

She reached to grab the book from his hands, and Sebastian didn't stop her. The book was long forgotten as Cassandra took his hand and guided him to her bed, he sat there, just staring as she stood in between his legs and cradled his face with her hands. His eyes found hers and Cassandra thought I must have been a fucking vegan in another life or a nun because she was sure the adoration with which Sebastian looked at her was only deserved with good deeds.

Like she genuinely found the solution for world peace and he was thanking her for it. Obviously, she was far from that.

She kissed him, again and again. And it was weird because she had never taken anyone home, but it was fine because he was Sebastian and he liked her, and he thought she wasn't a terrible person. Or at least not yet.

Cassandra pulled away from the kiss and sighed. "I think I was a vegan in another life." She said. "Or I saved a bunch of old people. Or puppies. I have no idea."

His eyes opened, and he looked amused. "How so?" He smiled. The sweet smiles, the ones she was getting used to.

"You're just too good, aren't you?" Sebastian, ever so humble, looked incredibly smug now. "Nevermind, I forgot who I was talking to." He placed a hand on her hip, rubbing soft circles on the skin under her shirt. Something came to her mind, as he looked at her with the same spark in his eyes. "Wait a second."

Taking a few steps back from him, Cassandra went straight to her desk and began rummaging through one of the drawers. Sebastian lay on the bed, resting his weight on his elbows, head tilted to properly get a glance of what she was doing. It seemed like she was having trouble finding what she was looking for and for a few seconds, he was tempted to ask what was going on, until her lips curved into a triumphant smile and her hands emerged from the deeps of the drawer holding a camera.

He raised an eyebrow when her attention drifted back to him, but she just smiled and began her way back to him.

"I hope it still works." She waved the black camera in the air before fiddling with its buttons of it. It looked like a professional one.

Stopping in front of him, Cassandra looked down at the way he was lying in her bed. She put the camera's strap around her neck until it was hanging and pretty much hopped into bed straddling Sebastian's lap with her knees to each of his sides. He looked surprised at first, but not like he was about to complain about having her on top of him. Then he remembered what she had talked about during her university days.

"Are we going to film a sex tape? I'm not complaining, but I don't know how Red Bull's PR would feel about it if it gets leaked." Cassandra chuckled, loudly. He liked the sound of it. Her hand slapped him on his leg.