🍎

in which the DREAMER witnesses an argument between SUBJECT 💐 and SUBJECT 🌼...

SUNNY gasped himself awake, finding himself tucked into a bed that wasn't theirs. his bed had sheets that were rougher than this, worn linen. this was almost silk, but warmer and softer somehow. they couldn't see anything... the dark and the soft bed nearly lulled him back to sleep. it was completely quiet as well as pitch black, a comforting scent of lavender, poppies and rain permeating the air.

his thoughts were fuzzed by sleepiness and comfort, as well as a catatonic haze from the past day. they decided to stay for a bit. he needed some rest. he curled up, nestling their head into the pillow. they discovered a plush cat stuck partially beneath the pillow. it was velvet, and bore a bit of a resemblance to MEWO in shape. he smiled slightly and hugged it close, as their heavy eyelids dropped down and fluttered shut.

SUNNY heard talking, almost inaudible. it sounded... angry... they rolled over in bed, finding something brushing against his head as he turned. the blanket. the blanket was pulled over their head, and he thought he was blind or something. the talking intensified. shouting. SUNNY folded his pillow over his ears. they almost shut his eyes to go to HEADSPACE, then remembered.

HEADSPACE didn't exist anymore, did it? SUNNY was in a hospital bed. that was it. the hospital didn't... smell... how they remembered, but... was that BASIL crying? why...? their hands started to twitch. red-rimmed, his fingertips grasped at nothingness. was he having... a seizure or something? they tried to shut their eyes and go back to bed but one insistently flickered open, like a faulty window-shade. it burnt.

his hands grabbed and writhed, seeming... reddish. bloodied. they felt something drip from his open eye, and suddenly. and suddenly. a vision flashed before them, of AUBREY screaming at BASIL. they were in a hospital room, and it all felt dreamy and out of focus. SUNNY felt floaty. KEL rushed into the room to try to stop the fight, and SUNNY turned and saw. himself. what happened?

his hair was shaggy and long, reaching down to his middle back. unkempt, it framed a pale, bruised face. they didn't recognize it for a little while. thin and small, the boy lay in a hospital bed. hooked up to wires. SUNNY remembered SOMETHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

and they wished they didn't. 

AUBREY wailed something about murder as KEL tried to hold her back. BASIL fell to the ground. SUNNY wanted out. out. out. out. out. he wished OMORI was still there. as much as it was unhealthy to need him, SUNNY needed him more. SUNNY squeezed his eyes shut, but the one cursed eye shuttered open. watching. waiting. it hurt so bad.

someone opened the door that nobody else seemed to notice. and that made sense. it was a tiny kid. small for his age. dark hair and pale skin. blank but almost sad expression. red pajamas and space socks. OMORI was back for them. SUNNY was almost relieved under the wave of dizziness and haziness that for some reason came with OMORI's entrance, as well as the disassociation slowly overtaking him.

OMORI reached out his hand to the floating SUNNY. the other hand held a meat cleaver. it was made of ceramic, with cute characters adorning the handle. cats. SUNNY would have fallen over from the dizziness at OMORI's approach had he not been seemingly dangling from the ceiling. why were they... so lightheaded from OMORI? SUNNY felt tired. OMORI reached out, grabbing his hand as SUNNY once again fell into his alter ego's embrace, unconscious.