9 | Her Birthday (Past - 7)

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I got up and hugged my parents.

"Are you ready for a surprise?" My dad asked.

"What surprise?" I asked in excitement.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHI!" I heard two voices shout making my startle.

"OH MY GOD!" I shouted seeing my elder brother and sister. I ran and hugged them both.

I have two siblings, an elder brother, and a sister. My elder brother, Ishant is 6 years elder than me and had shifted to Banglore for his job. My sister, Akanksha is 3 years elder than me and had gone to Rishikesh for her college. I am the youngest one and my parent's favorite child. Hehe.

"When did you guys come?" I asked them as we parted.

"I and Ishant made a plan to surprise you so took a flight and reached here half an hour ago," Akanksha explained.

"Chalo let's cut the cake now," My mom said and I cut the cake, first feeding a piece to my parents and then my irritating siblings who smashed my face on the cake.

"Ugh! The cake is no longer fit to be eaten now" I said sadly, with cake on my face.

"It's okay, there is still a cake remaining" Ishant Bhaiya said and ran outside the room and came back with another small cake in his hands.

"Yay!" I clapped my hands in happiness.

I washed my face and then we all had the cake. My dad went out of the room and came back after a few seconds, with gifts in his hands "Now time for gifts!"

"Yay!" I squealed with excitement.

I opened all the gifts. My parents gifted me a watch and a dress. Ishant Bhaiya gifted me a necklace of my initial and a top and Akanksha Didi gifted me some accessories and a cord set.

"Thank you, guys! I love them!" I hugged each of them and gave a kiss on their cheeks.

"Eww!" Instant Bhaiya rubbed his cheek while making faces.

"Fine! No more hugs and kisses for you!" I made an angry face and was going to walk away but Ishant Bhaiya stopped me.

"Acha sorry behena" He hugged me and I smiled. Despite the 6-year age gap, we still share a very special bond.

We all talked for a bit more and then everyone went to their respective rooms and went to sleep whereas I was still awake, sitting on the bed with my phone in my hand.

I frowned seeing no Calls or Messages from my close friends or Vansh. Did they forget my birthday?

I checked every social media app but saw no story or message from them.

I lay down on my bed and felt tears forming in my eyes. How could my closest friend forget my birthday? I didn't even expect this from Vansh.

•••

"ASHI WAKE UP!" My eyes immediately shot open when I heard two voices shouting my name in my ears. It was my devil my siblings.

"Is this an appropriate way to wake up someone? Huh?" I shouted at them.

"Sorry, birthday girl. Now could you please do the favor of getting up and coming down to have breakfast?"

"Hmm. Coming" I said getting out of bed while my rubbing eyes.

I got up and went to the washroom to freshen up. I came out and checked my phone, but still no messages from them. I threw my phone on the bed and went to the living room to have breakfast.

At least I have my family who remember my birthday.

"Good morning birthday girl" My parents wished me.

"Good Morning" I smiled.

I glanced at the table and saw my favorite food. Pancakes, Garlic bread, Poha, and a chocolate milkshake. I immediately dig in and started eating like it was my last meal.

Not just today, I eat in the same way almost every day.

"So what's the plan for today?" My mom asked.

"I have some important work to do today so Ishant will take you guys wherever you want to go." My dad said.

"Sorry guys, even I have some work today, so won't be able to." Ishant Bhaiya said making me sigh.

"Akanksha Didi, Mumma, and I can go somewhere then right?" I asked looking at Akanksha Didi hoping she'll come.

"I have to meet a friend today, so won't be able to come. Sorry"

I banged my hands on the table and got up and went to my room.

"Ashi!" I heard my mom call me before I closed the door of my room and I slid against the door covering my face as my eyes started to water.

Great! Everyone's busy! Why did Ishant Bhaiya and Akanksha didi have to come if they were so busy with their work?

•••

It is evening now and I am in my room finding for a series to watch since I don't have anything to do.

I saw the door of my room open and saw Shruti and Rubina entering. I looked away as they sat on my bed.

"Happy Birthday, Ashi!" I ignored them.

"Ashi!"

"Ashi!"

"What happened?" Shruti asked.

"What happened?" I shouted. "You guys forgot my birthday!"

"We didn't!" Rubina said.

"Then why was there no message or call from you?" I asked them with an angry face.

"Ashi, we didn't forget your birthday we just wanted to play a little prank on you"

"It's my birthday and you're pranking me!"

"Sorry, Maam. Now get ready, we're going out!" Shruti said getting up.

"I don't want to go anywhere!" I said. But seems they didn't hear and started pulling me out of the bed.

"Leave me!" I said trying to get out of their holds.

"No! You are going that's all!"

After a lot of convincing, I finally agrees to go. I quickly got ready. They told me to dress up nicely so I wore a pink satin dress that had a thigh slit. (An: Just imagine that it was trendy at that time) I also put some make-up on and wore my heels.

"Oh wow! The birthday girl looks so hot!" My girls complimented me.

"Thank you" I blushed. "You guys look no less" I winked at them and we thee laughed.

"Let's go, before we get late," Rubina said.

"Late? For what?" I asked, confused.

"Uhh. Nothing. We had reserved a table in a club. So that's why we would get late."

"Oh okay," I said and we three left for I don't know where.

As Rubina and Shruti announced that we were getting close to our destination, I got suspicious when they tied a cloth to my eyes. I felt the car stop after a few minutes and heard the door of my side open.

"Come on," Rubina said holding my hand and I carefully got out of the car.

"Guys, where are we?" I asked.

"Somewhere" Rubina replied.

"Where somewhere?"

"Shh. We have reached" I heard the door open and I felt someone untying the cloth. I slowly opened my eyes trying to adjust to the light and was shocked to see the scene in front of me.

*~*~*~

Helloo! How are you guys?
I hope y'all liked this chapter <3

Please give reviews and
Don't forget to vote! ⭐

Thank you for reading 💕