Neteyam nodded, carefully picking up the picture and staring at it.

Norm placed a hand on his shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze.
"Take all the time you need here, okay? No one knows you're here but me."

Neteyam gave him a smile, laying back on the metal platform. The picture in his hands held above him.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Ronal smiled as Neteyam walked back into the hut, soon standing as she saw his expression and body language.

He was shaking, his tail and ears low, tear lines on his face.

She walked over to him, leading him towards a private part of the hut. One she knew wouldn't be disturbed.
"What's wrong?"

Neteyam shook his head, soon collapsing against her shoulder as he cried.
She wrapped her arms around him, slowly rubbing his back and arm.

She just held him, letting him cry. Letting him get out every emotion he felt in the last few hours.
Ronal knew he had left. Where, she could guess, but now know for certain. She had kept the others distracted, telling them he was out on patrols or with friends.
She knew he needed time, and time is something she could give.

Neteyam finally sighed, pulling back and wiping his eyes.
Ronal kept her hands on his shoulders, a mothers concern on her face.
"Dear, tell me what happened."

Neteyam reached behind him, pulling the picture from his pocket.
He shakily unfolded it, handing it to her.

She only looked confused, trying to see what she was given.
Neteyam pressed a finger to the spot, his hand shaking viscously.
"That's my baby.."

Ronal smiled, wrapping Neteyam in her arms as she whispered to him.
"This is not a bad thing, Neteyam."

Neteyam shrugged, his tail moving once again.
"I have to tell my mom, don't I?"

Ronal laughed, pulling away and nodding.

Almost on cue, Netiryi walked over to them. Immediately going to her son as she saw the state he was in.
"What has happened?"

Ronal laughed, placing the picture in her hands.
"Something good."

Netiryi furrowed her eyebrows, quickly examining the photo.
Soon, a big smile crossed her face. Her arms wrapping around her son.

She pulled away, her eyes hopeful and happy.
"Does Aonung know?"

Neteyam shook his head, placing the picture back inside his pocket.
"Not yet. Norm said that this early, it's not a verified pregnancy. Plus, we don't know how it'll react with my DNA and whatever the sky people did. "

Netiryi and Ronal shared a look, both coming to the same conclusion.
"So, you are waiting?"

Neteyam nodded, crossing his arms.
"Until I know nothing bad will happen."

He noticed their apprehensive looks, soon sighing and taking one of their hands into his own.
"He wants a family so much. It's his dream. I can't tell him and get his hopes up. If he knows and something happens, it would break him. I'm going to tell him soon, just not until I know how safe it is."

Netiryi and Ronal both sighed, nodding in agreement.
"Until then, tell us everything. We're here for you."

Neteyam nodded, smiling at them as they both pulled him into another hug.

°^°^°^°^°^°

Neteyam smiled as he held the five-week baby close to him, his hand reaching out to play with the beads from Neteyam's hair.

Aonung smiled at him, carefully wrapping his arms around his waist.
"You've been disappearing lately."

Neteyam sighed, smoothing out Fruno's hair.
"Norm, one of the sky-people, has needed help recently."

Aonung closed his mouth, knowing Neteyam wasn't telling him something. He had known for days.
Something bothered him. He would take forever to fall asleep, when he did it wasn't for long, he took hours to clean his weapons, and even longer to eat. Aonung didn't understand why Neteyam hadn't told him, but he would be patient.

Neteyam handed Fruno over to Ronal, taking Aonung's hand and leading him outside.

They walked until they reached a dark lake, the waters slow.
Neteyam turned to his mate, pulling off his shirt and putting it beside them.
"It is not the reef, it's better."

Aonung smirked, striping with Neteyam and following him into the water.
Neteyam looked to him expectantly.
"Okay, I'll admit, the warm water is nice."

Neteyam smiled, walking to Aonung and grabbing his hands.
"Like I said."

°^°^°^°^°^°

Neteyam leaned against Aonung's chest, his arms and tails floating in the water. Aonung's arms wrapped around his waist, sitting below his belly button.

Neteyam lifted his chin up, watching the Ikrans fly over them.
He reached down, setting his hands over Aonung's.
"You want kids, right?"

Aonung froze. He wasn't expect that question, especially from Neteyam. Even more so right now.
"Yeah, I do."

Neteyam looked around the sky, making sure his breathing was even. He wasn't ready to give it away this soon.
"When do you want them? Like, soon?"

Aonung pondered the question, leaning down and placing his chin on Neteyam's shoulder.
"I don't know. Whenever your ready, Teyam. You'll be the one that's pregnant, you should decide if or when you get pregnant. Or try too."

Neteyam smiled at his answer, turning around and giving him a quick kiss before relaxing into him once more.
Aonung smiled, rubbing his thumbs against Neteyam's stomach.
"Why do you ask?"

Neteyam shrugged, lifting a hand to play with the small ripples in the water.
"I've just been thinking about it. The idea of me being pregnant."

Aonung lifted his head, turning Neteyam face-to-face.
"Did something happen?"
He asked, holding the sides of Neteyam's face in his hands.

Neteyam turned, kissing his palm before wrapping his arms around his waist. Aonung letting his arms fall to his shoulders.
"No, nothing happened. Well, recently. When the sky-people took me for tests, I was out for a long time. I mean, all I have to show for it is a small scar but, there's no way of knowing if they did something."

Aonung tilted his head, bringing a handful of Neteyam's hair into his hand, finding the way it seemed to drop through his fingers soothing.
"Like, changed your intersex?"

Neteyam shook his head, sighing.
"I would've had a larger scar. And I'm sure I can still get pregnant. It's DNA wise. We do know if they put something in me."

Aonung smiled, lifting Neteyam and giving him an exaggerated kiss. Setting Neteyam back down as he laughed, his arms still around him.
"You will be okay. As will our future children."

Neteyam smiled, nodding as he moved away from the taller.
"Let's go back, I have to patrol tomorrow."

Aonung groaned, knowing that would mean Neteyam would be gone for hours upon hours.
He had told Aonung he would be doing patrols every two days for however long they stayed.
While it gave Aonung a chance to meet the clan he would help lead, it also meant he would hardly see his mate.

It was a double edged sword, as Jake would call it.