❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ❀

Start from the beginning

" Nice of you two to finally join." Rotxo teased them.

" Shut it." Trítön pretended to act serious and jokingly jabbed the spear in his hand at his younger brother's friend. Koänä only grinned at the boy as she sat down next to him.

Rotxo looked at the detail of the spear in Koänä's hand, both of them whispering to each other about it while Lo'ak shared the story of his previous night.

Kiri's words brought both of them back into the conversation that was happening. " I wish I'd been there. The ocean has blessed you with a gift, brother."

Koänä and Trítön shared smiles from across the circle once they embraced the happy environment the families were in. It was nice for none of them to be fighting or arguing about whose tail was better, or if having five fingers was better than four.

" The tulkun have not returned yet," Ao'nung spoke up. And suddenly the vibe was ruined for Koänä.
" And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone."

" This one was. He had an uhm..a missing fin. Like a stump, on the left side." Lo'ak began to detail the tulkun. Koänä watched as the Metkayina children looked at each other with looks of knowledge.

" Is he okay?" Tuk asked Lo'ak, her big wide eyes filled with concern for the animal. Koänä smiled at her, all of her features softened at the kind words of her little sister.

" He's okay, Tuk. Do not worry about it." Koänä assured the small girl. Tuk nodded with a smile on her face.

" Payakan." Tsireya spoke up now. " It's Payakan."

Kiri and Koänä looked at each other confused before Kiri had asked, " Who's Payakan?"

" A young bull went rogue. He's outcast, alone and he has a missing fin." Rotxo informed the clueless Omatikaya children. Lo'ak looked slightly crushed by those words.

" They say he is a killer." Tsireya told Lo'ak with a soft tone. Lo'ak immediately denied the accusations of his friend.

" He killed Na'vi and other tulkun." Ao'nung said.

" Although it was not here, it was far to the south." Trítön added into his brother's sentence. Koänä glanced at him with a tiny frown on her face. She was worried for Lo'ak. But she was also worried about a mistaken tulkun that goes by the name Payakan.

" No, he's no killer." Lo'ak tried to convince the group. He was determined to make them understand his friend was not what he was accused of.

" Lo'ak, you're lucky to be alive." Tsireya decided to add the cherry on top to Lo'ak deflated features.

" I'm telling you guys! He saved my life! He's my friend." He nearly pleaded. He just wanted someone to believe him.

Koänä looked at Neteyam, who looked like he was going to say something. He made eye contact with her and she shook her head gently, mouthing for him to not. He did.

" My baby bro," Neteyam began, ignoring the hiss coming from his older sister for him to not. He put his hands on Lo'ak shoulders. " Mighty warrior! Faced a killer tulkun and lived to tell the tale!"

Koänä facepalmed as Lo'ak stood up annoyed. He began saying how they weren't listening to him. Lo'ak started to walk away.

" No Lo'ak! I'm listening!" Tuk tried to make her brother come back but it was no use.

Koänä got up quickly, letting Rotxo handle the spear. She hissed insults at Neteyam before jogging to her younger brother. Once she caught up, they walked to a slightly secluded part of the beach. She grabbed his arm, forcing him to a sit.