Chapter 1

"Once upon a time lived a giant ferocious beast. This beast led hundreds of demons and ghosts to hail all hell on Haneul. It was crazy people were dying left, right and center. Children, Elderly, Babies. Everyone was terrified. The King didn't know what to do, and so he sacrificed his only son, to the King of the beasts in return for peace. The Beast laughed in his face and killed his son right infront of him. Blinded by the rage and sorrow of the lose of his son, the King gave his daughter to the beast as well. Though this time the Beast welcomed the Crown Princess into their world. Treated her like a god, like the princess she was. It was when the princess was only 8 years old that she formed an treaty between the overworld and the kingdoms. Blessed by the spirits of Te Ahn, the treaty was unbreakable.

'Shall you disobey the treaty and the bond we share, your kingdom shall fall to it's doom without a second to spare. Everytime you rebuild and attempt to start anew, shall your kindgom fall repeatedly til you take you take your last breath too'

Now when the princess turned 12 she left the overworld and disappeared to the Rinaie Forest. No one ever hearing from the girl or seeing her for years to come. Then when the Zhouying war began and people were reaching out to any of the four kingdoms for help no one batted an eye. So the princess reappeared from the forest and asked the king of Haneul to help send some men to fight with her yet ignored by her father. So she sailed alone to Zhouying to rescue the people. She took multiple trips back and forth trying to rescue as much as she could. Upon her return the Kingdoms voiced their disagreement with having Zhouying people even near their kingdoms. So the princess took them into Rinaie Forest with her and they were never saw again. What people don't know is that the princess began her own kingdom, she taught the Zhouying her language, cultivation, horticulture, how to fight, cook, everything. Now Ahn has became the strongest Kingdom there is!"

"Woah... The princess is so cool!"
"When I grow up I'll be exactly like her!"
"Wow! She's sounds so cool!"

Kids gushed over the story of the Disappearance of the Haneul Princess. Their eyes big, filled with curiosity and admiration. Their lips slightly parted with awe, staring up at Xiaojun who had been telling this story like it was his life story.

"Alright you lot, that's enough bedtime stories we have to get up early in the morning! Come one little ones, don't fall behind" Haeun spoke authoritatively, instantly grabbing the kids' attentions. They moped while getting up and going to hug Haeun, just like they do everynight before bed.

Haeun tucked the kids in and bid them a goodnight before her and Xiaojun left their room. Thankfully it was their last room to visit so the two could relax.

"So Miss crown princess what's on our agenda?" Xiaojun teased and laughed when he saw her screw her face up at the name.

"Actually can you call in the others? We need to discuss something" She asked and Xiaojun nodded immediately walking off to collect the others.

Haeun waited for the council members, fidgeting with her hanbok. One she thought was a little too lightly coloured for her liking.

She lifted her head upon hearing their footsteps approach her. She smiled at them and they bowed to her before taking their seats.

"The kingdoms have gone crazy before but this beats it" She spoke softly and the council immediately sighed already imagining the stupid things Ahn was asked of.

"They...want us to open the academy to all Kingdoms" She continued and honestly when the words left her mouth she could confirm how stupid they were.

The council instantly jumped out of their seats protesting against the idea. The girl silently listening.

"No way! They didn't want us Zhouying people even near them now that they need something we have to give in?" Yuqi dryly laughed before shaking her head.

"For years they neglected us, not caring whether we lived or not. Hell they didn't even care when we pleaded for them to rescue us!" Yixing added and the other council members nodding along with him.

"It's unbelievable that they have the guts to ask us that" Chengxiao continued.

"Discuss amongst yourselves. Kun" Haeun said stopping the protests of the other members. She called Kun over with a nod of her head and sighed before rubbing her forehead.

"What do you think?" She asked him in hopes he'd have a solution. He stayed quiet for a bit trying to find the right words to say.

"Personally it hurts, we've been neglected for years like Yixing said. Not once have they tried to come find us and see if we're okay. I mean you came to Zhouying alone Haeun." He spoke the memories flooding his mind of the horror they had to endure before Haeun rescued them.

"Economically we need this kind of attention, we could benefit from this in terms of money. Not that we're desperately struggling but it gets a bit thin around winter. With the extra income from the school we could upgrade the place. Extend the Kingdom, and grow as a community. You'd be surprised to know that most offers from the four kingdoms aren't necessarily bad. Plus it's time to let down our walls, you've done enough of protecting us and this community. We need to step up and stop having you baby us." Kun said in a not so quiet voice, grabbing the attention of the other members. The discussions slowly died down as they listened to what Kun was saying. Nodding in agreement.

He was right and they knew that. Being emotional is a good thing but allowing it to outweigh your decision making wasn't rational.

"Kun with the speeches as always" Haeun smiled and bowed to him. Allowing him to sit in his seat again before clearing her throat though everyone's attention already on her.

"I suppose I don't need to re-run Kun's speech?" She asked and the members shoke their heads and the girl smiled.

"Great, so what are your inputs?" She asked and the members looked at each other before they looked at Kun and nodded.

"We'll allow it" Yixing said and Haeun nodded her head. "Well then I'll let them know tomorrow and keep you updated" She said and dismissed everyone.

Haeun made her way back to the palace, where she lived. The girl changed to her nightwear and opened the window allowing the wind to play with her hair as she stared at the stars and moon in sky. She glanced downwards to the Kingdom of Ahn, her home. 'Our home' She thought to herself.

The moon lighting the Kingdom to help her see properly. She watched as lights went out one by one, indicating people were going to bed. Eventually the Kingdom was dark, the only access of light being the moon. The kingdom quiet, the song of wind being the only source of sound. The melody filling her ears as it whizzes past.

The girl took the view in for the last time before closing the window and making her way to bed.

Just in a few days, the Kingdom would welcome their first guests. Haeun felt more nervous now than she did rescuing the Zhouying people or living in the overworld.

For now she would sleep her problems away and regret waking up to another day.

A/N: The first chapter is out! I really hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it. Obviously there's not much but there will so keep a watch out!

I start school next week so updates might be a little late but I'll try my best. I'm new to writing so be kind, I'm a big baby and will most definitely cry! LMAOOO😭 But that is the first chapter done!

Thanks loves🤭

Love Lessons - Mark Leeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें