Chapter 5

You both walked to the night market, in comfortable silence. Sometimes, nudging the other softly, when you find something of interest.

Isabela offered to walk you home but you refused, instead you lead her on the lower part of the hill... just before the climb to their house.

There you waved her goodbye, watching her walked...or use her vines to climb slash transport her, whatever works for her. You shrugged before feeling something dropped on your head.

A ring of purple rose, you shook your head smiling, scrolling down your phone.

'Ways to preserve flowers,'

It's already late when you got home, because after saying goodbye to Isabela, you lingered inside the market.

Buying resins, few papers, strings, leather and glue. You decided to give something to Isabela in return for her kindness. Though you know yourself, that's a weak excuse to see her again.

Mariano and your mams look at you suspiciously, because normally you would be dying to come home early. Yet, there you are on their doorstep with bags of new clothes, a guitar and a heap of raw materials.

"So did you enjoy a time with Mi amor?" Mariano inquired as you flinched in the pet name he called her.

"Very much." You responded as you set the bags down, now feeling the tiredness from walking around town.

"Good it's nice to see my hermana and my amor getting along." He hugged you. "We can't have both of you at odds at my wedding can't I?"

'Not if the bride-to-be is unsure.' You thought. "Propose first," you rolled your eyes. "Before daydreaming," you poke his sides as he giggled happily.

"Aye!" He agreed. "I will maybe after the gift ceremony that's in two weeks," he told you.

Oh yeah they did say that Antonio will be earning his gift. Speaking of gifts, Isabela didn't react much seeing her sister-in-law. .You. having a gift.

She just asked you a few questions like where did you get it and does Mariano have one? And since when?

Which you answered in "I didn't know, Mariano doesn't and ever since you're a child." Your gift is the primary reason why your father and you constantly move houses in your early years.

"Paps thought the houses was haunted that time... but it was just me getting a kick out of scaring people," you confessed as Isabela laughed.

"You're a naughty kid!" She poke you. "Though I could say the same," Isabela blushed. She told you how she would sometimes play roughly with her cousin Dolores, to the point that they broke some of the plates and vases. They got an earful of scolding though.

You smiled to yourself feeling drawn to the irresistible presence of the flower girl, who is also your brother's girlfriend.... you sighed as you reminded yourself, groaning to the fact that the girl was plaguing your mind 24/7.

Huffing in annoyance you changed your clothes into your pajamas. Hoping to get a good night sleep this time as you drift inside your dreamland.

*-*-*-

You slept fairly well this time, only waking up to the sound of your window being tapped at.

"What?" You swiftly stood up as a pang of dizziness took over you. Anemic. "Hold yourself!" You told the person who is insistently tapping it.

You opened the damn still as your bloodshot eyes greets the morning breeze in full force. "Wha-" you grunted before the girl who's in your mind for the past days popped her cute little head.