Mari tried to move but only remained in her current position.

"Oh? You can still squirm about." Ennith growls out. "Quite the persistence you have. Is your spirit that strong...or did I not call your name right? Either way this is quite amusing."

"Enough Ennith. I doubt you brought this girl simply to show me your puppetry skills."

Puppetry skills?

Ennith placed her claw down and Mari quickly pushed herself up.

"Now that you got an example of a name's importance, allow me to tell you the dangers of naming non-human creatures." Farris starts "When giving a name to a creature you need to take in a part of that creature's mana into yourself, then impart the same amount of mana from your body onto the creature itself. For monsters, spirits, and certain species this takes very little mana to do so. For Dragons, demons, and Astrals however, this involves a large amount of mana being drawn out."

He pokes at Mari's chest.

"Even one of the wyrmlings here would be nearly 5 times the amount your body currently can handle. In addition you'd have to give that massive amount back to the one you named." He gives her a couple taps. "Going through the process once would put your life in danger. That's not even counting if they accept the name or not."

"I wasn't trying to do something so grand." Mari starts.

"And yet that was exactly what you would've done. Unknowingly or not." Farris replied, pulling his claw back.

Oh geez.

Farris really is really letting her have it.

Still, I can understand where she's coming from.

Even I only know my siblings as numbers by our supposed birth order.

Still.

I glance up at Ennith and Farris.

Ennith seems to catch me looking and gives a small smile.

"Oh? Is there something on your mind?" She asks, lowering her head down close to my level.

"Is there really no way we can get names?" I ask "I mean, even you two have names. Why can't we?"

Ennith smiles before looking at me.
"Well, I suppose it's possible. If we have someone strong enough to give you all names." Ennith says.

Farris grunts "Ennith. What are you scheming?"

"Oh come now, Farris. It's been half a cycle since they've all hatched. They already can hunt for themselves and even have started breathing flames. I believe names are the least we can give them."

Farris looks at Ennith and her smile.
He glances down at me and then off towards the others.

"Hrmn. Very well. I suppose I can concede to this." Farris grunts. "Still we need to think about--"

"Great! I already have a few suggestions for names to give each of them." Ennith says.

Almost instantly she pulled out...well a stack of papers that reached right up to Mari's neck.

Trying to balance on my hind legs even then didn't put me at its height.

Geez, these are a lot of names.

"How many names are there?" Mari asks looking at the pile.

"Oh, not too many. At least 2000 total."

"2000 names total!?" She and I blurted out at the sametime.

"How many nights were you thinking of this?" Farris asked.

"Only 14. It got much easier once they all hatched." She says happily.