Chapter 16: Fluff

Start from the beginning

"But how? I mean he's turned into this monster compared to the little boy I saw in that vision?" I ask her and she sighs.

When  I let go of your father's hand on that day...something cracked inside  of him, something bad that slowly began to consume him...but he is not  even fully corrupted just a manipulated puppet who is still lost

I listen to her carefully while I feel myself frown even deeper.

I'd seen my father fall, it felt so real and I don't think I could ever forget that.

"He...he  is the one forcing me to marry that thing," I mutter under my breath  with a hint of anger but I feel my mother brush my shoulder lightly.

Your father doesn't hate you June, he loves you so much and I know that as a fact

"How do you exactly know that?" I ask her and I can feel her shrug.

A  ghost can go anywhere it pleases and I've seen him...he loves you  June...he has just gone through so much already that he doesn't know  what is real anymore

I smile a bit at her response.

But it's still hard to buy.

"Wait, then how come are you barely talking to me right now?" I ask her and she sighs again.

She  can hear me just as you can although she can't see me unless I let her.  It's a bit complicated but I've been there all this time making sure  you'd be at least safe

I only nod, it makes sense I suppose even I was afraid of my mother...well fake mother.

You have her power and your father's from what I can see and I give her a shocked look.

"Wait...so that was...that thing I did-"

Yes, the power to take one's life force and the ability to morph anything using television static, you have inherited those

I suddenly feel nauseated, did that make me a monster?

I didn't want to be one though.

There had to be another way.

You are not a monster June, she tells me as if she is reading my thoughts.

Just  because you have powers doesn't make you a monster if you use them for  good reasons. You saved your friend today and that does not make you  something terrible as far as I am concerned.

That still doesn't make me feel better.

I wasn't a killer.

I didn't want to kill anything else.

Sometimes  taking the right decision isn't always going to be the easy one  sweetheart. But it saved your friend's life today although I would have  loved to see you two in another light.

I smile sadly but I still didn't want to be like this, I was afraid of what I could do now.

"June?" Jack's sudden voice makes me turn to him.

He looks far more rested when he stretches his arms and legs.

"How do you feel?" I ask him while he stands stretching his legs as well.

"Much better than I did before," he replies before sitting next to me.

"That's a relief," I reply trying to hide my sorrow.

"You want to talk?" he asks me all of a sudden.

Tell him yes, tell him how you feel

My cheeks flush in embarrassment at my mother's comment while I try to ignore it.