2. The Good Secret ...

The Good Secret

  Chapter 2

"Hey." Zhan's soft voice caused Yibo to look up from the leaf-covered ground.

"Hi." Yibo stuck his hands deep into his blue jeans pockets. "I thought you left."

Both could feel the sexual tension between them but didn't know what the other felt about the kisses only two weeks previously.

"Are you following me?" Zhan  asked as he bit the corner of his lower lip.

"No." Yibo shook his head slightly before smirking. "Do you want me to follow you?"

"That's not funny, Yibo." Zhan wrapped his arms tightly around his chest then rubbed his arms trying to warm himself from the brisk cool air. He breathed out a nervous breath.

"I thought it was funny." Yibo rocked on his heels. His dark eyes caught the look on Zhan's flushed face. "I'm kidding, Zhan."

"I know." Zhan felt the ice melting from around his demeanour just by the look in Yibo's smouldering eyes. It ignited Zhan to the core the way Yibo looked at him. "Do you need a ride home? It is cold out."

"If you don't mind." Yibo raised his eyebrow in a curious manner. "But I know you wouldn't want anyone seeing you with me. I mean our secret meetings with Yanli is one thing..."

"Shut up before I change my mind." Zhan chuckled nervously. He nodded his head towards the student parking lot. "Come on."

Yibo followed Zhan to his car. He noticed how Zhan looked around to make sure no one saw them. He watched as Zhan motioned him to get in. Yibo could tell he was hiding Yibo from being seen with him. He really didn't blame Zhan. His family rumour and a problematic Lan isn't exactly a stigma that one enjoys having or having as an associate.

The ride to his house was in silence. Yibo could feel Zhan avoiding his gaze. While Zhan could feel Yibo's eyes on him. Zhan could only imagine the intensity of the stare. His look towards Zhan was always so penetrating and ...sexy. What breathing human wouldn't notice Yibo's intense stare. Or in Lucy's case, what dead one wouldn't notice. Zhan shook that thought from his head quickly.

Zhan pulled into Yibo's driveway and shut off the car.

"Do you want to come in?" Yibo doubted he'd take him up on his request. After all, they were ignoring their obvious attraction for each other.

Zhan turned to look at Yibo. He  drew in a deep breath. "Only if you don't try to kiss me."

Yibo furrowed his eyebrows as his hands went up in defence. "If I recall..."

Zhan interrupted quickly. "I know I kissed you first. I just don't want to repeat the mistake."

Yibo tightened his mouth and stated sarcastically. "Mistake? Nice."

So it was a Mistake.

"Yibo..." Zhan unbuckled his own seat belt.

"I won't try to kiss you." Yibo slid his hand across Zhan's arm. "Sorry my first kiss wasn't as great as I thought it was."

Zhan rolled his eyes as he shook his head in disbelief. He had to ignore the heat that Yibo's simple gesture of touching his skin caused. "Come on, Yibo."

Yibo wryly smiled as he breathed out in relief that Zhan was actually willing to be alone with him. It had happened before but not after the kisses. He felt they needed to address that night. Even if all that was said was never going to happen again.

Walking into the house, Yibo noted how his mother had it smelling like cinnamon. He shook his head slightly realising she was trying to change for him. Perhaps a more homey atmosphere would ease the tension of being in his childhood home. The same childhood home that his crippled grandfather and his cryptic and infamous Father lived in.