one

jaemin knocked on the door to donghyuck's house for their date, but when the door opened it was donghyuck with a sad expression.

"hyuck? what's wrong?" jaemin asked gently.

"come in... I want to talk to you" he says and jaemin walks into his house.

"what is it?"

"look... you're so great and I think you're—"

"wait... are you breaking up with me?"

"I'm sorry" donghyuck looks down. "it's just... I found someone who I think is the right one for me. I know it isn't fair for you which is why I'm ending it now"

"yeah it's not fair when we've been together for 3 years and you're gonna throw that all away"

"jaemin..."

"but I love you... and those feelings... just don't go away on it's own"

"I know I'm really sorry... I feel awful doing this to you but..."

"then don't"

"jaemin... my heart wants to be with renjun"

"and my heart wants to be with you"

"I know there's someone out there who will be perfect for you, he's right around the corner"

donghyuck's brother jeno comes downstairs and sees the situation, then goes back upstairs as he didn't want to interrupt.

"you're perfect for me"

"that's what you think now, but in the future you may not"

"fine" jaemin opens the door. "but if something happens with you and renjun don't come crawling back to me!"

jaemin leaves donghyuck's house with tears falling down his cheeks as he didn't expect he would get dumped.

...

"come on jaemiiiinnn get out of beeeedddd" jaemin's best friend mark tries to pull him out of bed the next day.

"let me be" jaemin lets out.

"you have to get up and go to school with me"

"just go with johnny"

"I want to go with you too come onnnn" he tugs onto his arm to try and pull him but he wouldn't budge.

"go away"

"I know the breakup is hard on you but you still need to go to school"

"but he's gonna be there"

"I know, and I'll keep you away from him"

"I don't care what you do"

"come on jaemin, we can go for ice cream after school"

"ice cream won't help, but I do like it" he slowly gets up from bed.

"there you go"

"yeah yeah..."

mark helps jaemin get ready for school even though he didn't want to go.

—————————————

hello and welcome to a new nomin book :)

thank you for your support on love, j it's one of my favorites so i'm glad you liked it !!