10

It was Hogsmeade day. Groups of students were giddy with excitement, couples were looking forward to spending time together, and the younger kiddos were dripping with jealousy.

They weren't the only one dripping with jealousy.

Michael angrily sipped at his butterbeer as his mates chatted around him. The news that Magnolia Albero was going out with Neville Longbottom was not the news he wanted to wake up to.

Anthony Goldstein threw a playful arm over his friend's shoulder.
"Cmon Mike, there are plenty of witches that want you. Why put all your eggs in Albero's basket?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I mean she's gorgeous but kinda a weirdo." Terry Boot added.

Michael scoffed, throwing Anthony's arm off him.
"It's not about Albero, it's about getting back at Longbottom. I know he was the one that ruined my name with all the Gryffindor girls." He huffed.

"You sure that wasn't just your shit personality?" Zacharias chimed in from the booth behind them.

Michael internally cursed as he let out a long sigh. He turned around to face the Hufflepuff whom was smugly looking back at him already.
"Didn't see you there Smith, thought they didn't have a pub for your kind down here."

"Hah, homophobia. You have always been so clever with jokes Corner." Zach chuckled, he got up from his previous booth and made his way around to the one the Ravenclaw's were occupying. He placed his palms on the sticky surface of the table and leaned in towards Michael.
"How about you lot keep 'Magnolia Albero' out of your limited vocabulary."

Michael stood up, forcing Zach to back up a step or two. Though Michael was a decent height, Zacharias was still inches taller and wasn't intimidated in the slightest. He threw his hands up in defense with a cheeky grin tugging on his lips.

"Or what Smith? You meant to silence us on your own?" Michael challenged.

Just then someone else placed themself in between them, sending Michael stumbling backwards.

"Back up Corner." Dean stated angrily.

Michael was flustered at first but he quickly collected himself.
"Who is this Smith? Your little boyfriend?" Him and his friends chuckled at the joke.

Dean's expression didn't change.
"Yes." He said plainly and cold.

Zacharias attempted to keep his composure at the sudden declaration. He couldn't stop his mouth from falling open and his complexion becoming rosy. Michael and his mates were also caught off guard at the forwardness, not able to find the words for another half assed comeback.

"Is there a problem here?" Harry Potter then spoke up, his hand intertwined with Cho Chang's.

Michael, not wanting to further ruin his reputation, backed off in that moment. He and the rest of his Ravenclaw mates made their way out of the Leaky cauldron as quickly as they could.

Zach swiftly turned towards Harry, Dean, and Cho.

"Nobody says anything about this to Magnolia." He said matter of factly.

"Why not?" Dean questioned curiously.

"I'd have to agree, Maggie doesn't like a lot of attention. This would be too much for her to process." Cho replied.

"I think she deserves to be warned Corner is up to something. Let me at least tell Neville." Harry noted.

Zach locked eyes with the green eyed Gryffindor.
"She. Can't. Know." He said, now with a serious and blunt attitude. He then quickly made his way out of the pub, Dean hot on his trail.

Harry watched as the Hufflepuff boy left when he felt Cho pull him to an empty table. He couldn't help but feel guilty keeping this information to himself. Corner wasn't a dangerous person but something didn't seem right about the situation. His eye caught sight of Michael with his groupies outside, one person stuck out in particular though. Draco Malfoy.

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

"A surprise?" Susan Bones exclaimed as she watched her room mate pick out an outfit.

"Depending on what he chooses could actually help Albero know more ya know." Hannah Abbott noted.

Magnolia wasn't used to the two girls speaking to her, they had said less than 5 things to her since they first became roommates first year. Yet it seemed like her world was getting bigger and bigger this year, she was going to have to get used to it.

"Help me know more?" Magnolia questioned as she nervously ringed a tee in her hand.

Hannah giggled, rescuing the shirt from the witch's grasp and shaking the wrinkles out from it.
"Of course! If he chooses something that only interests him, he's only dating you for your looks. But if he brings you someplace that purely interests you but doesn't enjoy it himself, he's trying too hard to impress you."

Magnolia attempted to sort out what was just said in her head, but it seemed as if it were some other language or a road sign she had to decipher without any prior knowledge. Though, that's what this was. This was a brand new experience for her, she wasn't sure what to expect.

"You're scaring her Hannah, Longbottom is a nice bloke. I'm sure whatever he chooses will be quite alright." Susan hummed as she pulled a long flowing skirt from her trunk.

The red headed witch crossed the room and held the skirt up to Magnolia's waist.
"That's the one." She cheered.

Magnaolia swiftly turned towards the girl, waving her hands up and about.
"Oh I couldn't, it's yours." She argued.

"And I want you to borrow it." Susan explained.

Magnolia turned back towards the mirror, taking in the idea of wearing such a feminine ensemble. She couldn't deny it, the skirt was beautiful.

"If you are sure." Magnolia said, finally caving to her roommate.

The three witches cheerfully continued getting ready. Dressing, doing each others hair, and touching up makeup. Magnolia looked around as she took in the moment. She's grown fond of being alone, she forgot how lovely good company could feel. She again had Neville to thank for that, if it weren't for him she wouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

¸.•'*¨'*•✿ 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 ✿•*'¨*'•.¸

For Clausia10 <3