❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 ❀

Start from the beginning

" You do realize these boys are not fully trained yet?" He began. Koänä went to speak but he gave her a look that made her shut up. " You are the older sister. You did your job and I appreciate it."

Koänä stared at her father in awe, " How can you say that to me but then scold Lo'ak for the same thing? Lo'ak protected Kiri. He stopped the teasing that was being aimed at her. Lo'ak did that, father."

Jake could only stare at her but Koänä was not finished.

" Mother told me he is exactly like you were. I understand that you also see yourself in Lo'ak but father," She paused, trying to find the words. " You are too rough on Lo'ak. The boy does everything to please you, to please this family and he is the one who gets in trouble for it in the end still."

" On the field, when we took down those tracks, I thought I lost you guys." Her father felt himself become emotional but held it back for the moment being. " It was Lo'ak's fault you guys were on the ground. He caused that."

" But he does not cause the issue every time! That is exactly what you do not see!" Koänä cried out, standing up. " This time was Ao'nung, we both know that, but for some obscure reason my baby brother is out there apologizing to the asshole who caused this!"

Her father fell silent at her words. He seemed to be in deep thought as she spat the words to him. Koänä frowned deeply once again.

" Lo'ak does not deserve the blame all the time." She walked to the entrance of the mauri before turning around. " The blame that you burden on him."

And with that she walked out of her pod and to the beach. She sat on the sand and closed her eyes with a shaky sigh. The sound of the ocean gently crashing on shore had helped calm her down.

" Am I coming at a bad time?" Trítön's teasing tone nearly brought an immediate smile to Koänä's face. Nearly.

" No, you're fine, Trítön." She replied and glanced over her shoulder to look at the boy. He gave her a tiny smile as he sat down.

" I know I'm fine. But are you?"

They sat in silence for a while before Koänä had laid her head onto his shoulder. The boy wrapped an arm around her with a worried expression on his face. She could tell his touch was hesitant as his arm grazed over her shoulders before planting there.

" My father...I do not think he understands us some of the time. I love him with my whole being but he aggravates me with how much he does not listen." She blurted and brought her head up to look at him.

The boy only softly smiled, tucking a stray piece of her bang behind her ear which made them slightly twitch before they perked up a bit.

" My father is the same. He doesn't listen all the time. I've learned there is not much I can do about it," Trítön said but once he saw her face fall the words flew out of his mouth. " But that does not mean I cannot be there for my siblings who face the wrath of him. That I can do. I am the protector of my family, just like you Koä."

The two kept eye contact the whole time he spoke and soon enough Koänä felt a smile grace her facial expression when the nickname slipped out. Trítön admired how the corners of her eyes slightly wrinkled up when she smiled as well with her nose. Koänä looked at the water with a nod.

" Thank you." She spoke up.

" I am here for you. No matter what."

The two stayed sitting in silence for a while. Koänä simply enjoyed the presence of Trítön, he brought a fuzzy feeling to her insides when he was around. She felt like she was on top of the world. Like nothing could break down the barrier of connection the two shared.