❀ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ❀

Start from the beginning

" This is Nala. She is very sweet. We found her outside of the reef a couple years ago. One of our best ilu here I'd say." Trítön explained before holding a hand out to Koänä. The girl eyed his hand before taking it.

She didn't miss the way the boy looked at her fifth finger with a tiny smile on his face. He pulled her towards him slightly and patted the top of Nala. Koänä hopped onto her and rubbed the top of her head with a smile forming.

" Make the tsaheylu," He commanded.

The girl reached back to grab her braid. She took a deep breath before connecting to Nala. The ilu jolted forward, Koänä nearly fell off but she noticed Trítön's hand on her waist. She looked down to the boy with slightly wide eyes to which he only smiled at her.

" Hold here," Trítön grabbed both of her hands and placed them onto the ilu's antenna. Koänä felt her stomach so a small flip. " You must hold tight or you will fall off."

" I don't think I will be very good at this." Koänä admitted. She could feel her shoulders become tense and herself straighten out.

" Feel her strength, Koänä. Feel her emotions. Her breath. Indulge in the bond you made." He guided her, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths to show her what she needed to do.

Koänä sighed before closing her eyes. It was like bonding with a direhorse. Yet this was a completely different species with a completely different purpose. The girl began to take deep and slow breaths to make some sort of calm between Nala and her. The ilu's squirming had stopped as she felt Koänä become at peace with her settings.

Trítön held his smirk in as Koänä's shoulders untensed and her posture not becoming so stiff. When she reopened her eyes she saw him backing up.

" She will listen to what you say as long as you stay connected." Trítön told her. She nodded. " Now command something."

" Go. Slowly."

Koänä glided against the water. A small laugh came out of her mouth as Nala speeded through the water. Go under, slowly.

Koänä tightened her hold as Nala shifted from above water to under it. Koänä held her stance on the ilu for a moment before letting her legs glide behind her as they soared through. Nala did small twists and turns at a pace where Koänä could focus on keeping her hold tight but also admire the coral and all the sea creatures under the water. The girl couldn't help the wide smile that had sneaked onto her face.

Koänä tapped on Nala's body gently and instructed her to go back to shore. The ilu returned and Koänä disconnected the bond. She swam over to Trítön, who stood there with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

" I must be a pretty good teacher." He smugly jokes once she stood in front of her.

" Or maybe I'm just that good of a student." She challenged, a smirk of its own on her face.

" Really?"

" Definitely."

Koänä let out a tiny gasp once Trítön splashed her with the water. The boy laughed at her face and backed up slowly. She rolled her eyes before splashing him back with a grin. The two had continued splashing each other until Trítön began to run away from her.

" Child." Koänä mumbled to herself before running after him. She had passed by a lot of the clan, trying not to keep her eyes off of the running boy.

Jake and Neytiri were walking back to their pod when Trítön ran past them with a laugh. Jake shared a confused look with Neytiri. " Is he not supposed to be teaching Koä?"