13-✧𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

The numbers changes

7-19

Half of us already died, we need to be careful. The probability for us to win is getting lower, I'm not a good fighter so you shouldn't count me in. Six against nineteen... It doesn't look good.

'We need a new strategy' I speak 

He looks at me, then at the screen. He knows too, that if we don't find a better strategy will all be dead. 'What do you propose?'

'We have guns, a lot of them, and good fighters. Tigers, lions, and other felines usually hunt in packs to attack more efficiently. Leaving little to no chance for their prey to survive.' He looks at me unsure as to where I am heading.

'We need to regroup, beat them at their own hunt. You're either the prey or the hunter.'

He looks back at the screen. 'It's risky'. He looks at me again. 'But it could work. Let's go'

I tighten the hold on my gun and lead the way. I know where Niragi is, but for the others, we'll have to search harder. We paths a few booths, walking carefully but surely. I am about to turn right when I hear a roar coming from that direction. I stop abruptly, fear rushing through my veins. 

The beast is right next to the corner. I could hear its growl getting closer and closer. I had to do something. Aguni is on my right, checking the remaining bullets, he had one more refill left, I had two, but it wasn't the same gun, therefore not compatible.

I close my eyes. Breath in. And remember, keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. Only put your finger on the trigger when you are about to shoot. Always keep your focus on your gun and its target.

Got it

It couldn't be that hard. Right?

I put my brain on autopilot. Adrenaline taking over my irrational thoughts. My feet moved on their own, swinging in the feline direction. My arms stretched. My hands tightly wrapped around the deadly weapon.

I am faced with a panther. If my life wasn't threatened by it, I would be amazed. Its black fur makes it appear like an alive shadow. Piercing eyes, not once leaving its prey. Me. And mine nether living the animals. I just stare at it for a second. A weird feeling made its way through my mind. Somehow, it felt like looking at a reflection of myself.  

I focus back on where my gun is pointed, at the head of my target. Everything around me becomes blurry, the world slows down. I can hear my pulsing heart like it was whispering in my ear. 

I'm ready. My fingers linger on the trigger, the cold material burning my skin. And I press it. 

The world goes back to its normal speed. The bullet is fired. The shock of the act propelled me slightly backward. And the explosion made my eardrums ring. I re open my eyes and find the mesmerizing animal dropped dead on the ground. 

Its eyes are still on me, as I see the life evaporating from it. The panther didn't even try to fight. It stayed there, not moving, waiting for the impact, waiting for death.

I don't know why it disturbs me so much. I feel, regret, guilt? Why did this animal have such a big impact on me? Even the death of the people I pushed didn't make me feel this way.

'Hey kid' Aguni walks to me. I don't move, I'm frozen. He puts a gentle hand on my shoulder and  I finally leave the animal's eyes to find his. He looked pained too, but not for the animal. 'We have to go' he moves his head to signal me to look back in front of me.

I turn my head and my blood freeze. Three huge lions were surrounding in front of us. 

'Shit', I turn on my heels. Sprinting in their opposite direction. We had to find the others. Now.