13-✧𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

The little music echoes in the carnival and the game begins.

A big screen in the middle lights up with numbers on it

13-23

For the first minutes nothing happens, you can only hear the music of the attractions.

But then a scream cuts the silence. I turn in that direction but don't see anything.

12-23

Numbers of hunters and numbers of beasts

I didn't recognize the voice that screamed. So it's either a militant I never talked with or one of the others. I put my bet on the others, they didn't have any weapons.

I look at Aguni for any kind of information. Should we move? Should we attack? Should we hide? Definitely not the last one.
He keeps his focus on where the scream came from. And I keep my focus on him.

I know I have a gun to defend myself, but I feel safer with Aguni, enough to let him protect me. I decided to put my trust in him.

'Watch out!' he shouts and pushes me behind him before shooting. A tiger came right in front of us. Growling at us. Aguni shots once, twice. But it's not stopping it. The tiger begins to rush to us. Aguni tried shooting more bullets but it was not working, that will stop the wild cat.
As the felines run in our direction, Aguni put his gun back in his belt.

What the fuck is he doing!

'Aguni' I say, the tiger getting closer

But he doesn't move, he waits. Fuck I shouldn't have trusted him. I can never trust anyone.

The tiger is a meter away
My heart accelerates 'Aguni!'

And just before the animal could jump on him. Aguni throws the biggest punch ever into the tiger's head, throwing the animal onto the ground. He quickly takes out his gun again and shoots three more bullets into the animal's head. Dead.

I breathe out. Okay, maybe I could actually trust him.

Another scream, an unknown one. Which is actually a relief.

I should feel bad, but I don't. At least it isn't Beach members. At least it isn't someone that could help win against those animals. At least it isn't Niragi...

My mind wanders to him. He was a real bitch the other night, he had no right to talk to me like this. Him even less than anyone else.

I was furious, at him. But also to myself.

He had been horrible to me, a real cunt, yet I couldn't help but still care for him. This bastard.

I hated how even if he was the one that broke me, my heart still cared for him.

I try to find him, looking everywhere. And I see him. Having fun in one of the attractions, not even caring a little about the potential danger luring at him.

He was shooting in the air with his riffle, having the time of his life in the swinging boat.

I wonder what went wrong for us to part ways and become so much different. Maybe we actually both went into our own alternate dimension. Maybe we actually did lose each other. I thought he would've grown eventually, but he proved me wrong. Maybe he was nothing but a lost cause. 'Cause, he ain't nothing like he once was...

'Okay let's move on' Aguni takes me out of my trance

We make our way around the East side. Being cautious of any signs of wild animals.

I look at the big screen in the middle of the funfair. There are 10 remaining of us for 20 animals. If each of us takes down two it shouldn't be that hard-