chapter 5

It's been three months since the birthday party, Khushi is still angry with her mother and has also refused to talk to Shyam and no one knows what really transpired between them that night, the only change in those three months is Arnav and Khushi's relationship, they have been in a romantic relationship for the past two months and none of the family members including Shyam knows about it and they decide to keep it that way, Khushi has also been able to complete her music project without the knowledge of her father and the family members.

Nani: so Khushi betiya have you finished school yet? because it's been a while and I have seen you doing anything related to studies.

Shyam: yes Nani Khushi is done with schooling she was too intelligent for her age so her schooling wasn't normal like the rest of us, she went to the university at the age of fourteen and till now I still find it difficult to believe it even when the certificates prove so.( Shyam has always been proud about that and wouldn't lose the opportunity to brag about it to others)

Mami: hello hi bye bye great betiya waah!! so what are you planning on doing betiya?

Anjali: erm she can work with chote for now Khushi is still young and this will make her gain working experience, what do you say Chote?

Arnav: ( thinking this is an opportunity to spend more time with Khushi) sure di I have no problem, I need a personal assistant so Khushi can take the offer what say Khushi?

Khushi: ( Khushi wanting to work and spend more time with Arnav was happy about the offer but still looked to her father for approval) erm not sure Bhai what do you think?

Shyam: (who is happy to hear that his 1 daughter will be working was happy to comply with the family) sure it's a good offer and Khushi is more than happy to work with you.

Khushi: ( happy because her father approved) yes I will thank you.

Arnav: okay then it's settled Khushi can start tomorrow then.
everyone left to their respective chores and Shyam left to call Aliyah

Shyam: hello Aliyah guess what?

Aliyah: you are getting a divorce?

Shyam: what no! why would you say that Aliyah? I'm not getting any divorce not now nor ever, I'm talking about our daughter.

Aliyah: what about Khushi? is she alright? what happened to her? will you say something damnit.

Shyam: I was waiting for you to give me the chance to speak so can I speak now ma'am?

Aliyah: I'm not in the mood for jokes Shyam I want to know what is about with my daughter.

Shyam: she will start working with my brother-in-law, isn't it great? she'll gain working experience and will have less time to cause troubles.

Aliyah: you want my daughter to work? why? are you short on money? I can give you, besides she can take care of herself financially since she is richer than her own mother and you want her to work?

Shyam: it's not about the money, I just want her to learn that's all, isn't it what you want? The reason you sent her here is to learn and be responsible? and I'm doing that.

Aliyah: I'm sorry! the thought of my daughter working for someone got me really bad, sorry

Shyam: it's okay I understand I have to go I will talk you you later bye.

Aliyah: erm Shyam? I will be in India in two months time it's will be Khushi's birthday and I want us to celebrate it together will you be available?

Shyam: ............. okay I will try and free my schedules by then.

Aliyah: thanks and please don't tell Khushi I want to surprise her.

Shyam: no problem see you then bye

Aliyah: bye!

In Khushi's room

Khushi: what do you want now dad?

Shyam: I talked to your mother Khushi and she is hurting, you have not called her for a while.

Khushi: I don't want to talk to you nor her please go way.

Shyam: do you want that Khushi? do you want me to leave you?

Khushi: ( tears begin to fill her eyes) no please don't leave me please don't leave me (she hugged Shyam not letting go) please don't.

Shyam: don't cry okay I'm not going anywhere without my princess okay baby? Khushi, I'm sorry okay? it's all my fault if I had stood firm and went against my mother you wouldn't be suffering, but baby my mother was dying and I wasn't able to think of anything else at that moment, your mother is not at fault she just wants the best for you, she just wants you to spend time with your dad Khushi, she knew that all those times you wished your dad was with you, and that's why she sent you to me okay? mommy loves you so much and she will rather die than to leave you. Khushi your mom misses you and I know you do also.

Khushi: I'm sorry I...uh.... just ... I can't.. I don't want my mother to leave me, I thought she is angry with me too because you are married to another woman and I will remind her of you that's why she sent me here, I thought she was abandoning me. I'm sorry

Shyam: you need to talk to her okay tell her what you feel baby, don't keep it in you it will hurt less if you let it out, and what say that we spend the day together? let's go for shopping just you and I, father and daughter only.

Khushi: really!! give me 5 minutes I will get ready. ( She was so excited to spend time with her father) and I will call mom and say sorry to her, I love you so much dad.

Shyam: okay baby I love you too and I will wait for you downstairs.

Anjali: where are you going with Khushiji, Shyamji?

Shyam: I'm taking Khushi out for shopping and we will have dinner out so don't wait for us.

Anjali: wow let me join you guys it will be great.

Khushi:(in mind, oh no don't tell me she is going too, what is this? I want to spend time with my dad only)

Shyam: sorry Ranisaheba today is about brother and sister only outing and you don't want to be the third wheel ( he joked)

Anjali: haha very funny Shyamji okay when the brother and sister only outing is done can you guys get me ice cream please?

Khushi: ice cream? what flavor I will definitely get some for you and myself then we will watch Salman Khan movie tonight oh and di prepare some popcorn we will have a movie marathon.

Anjali: well my dear if you can get strawberry and chocolate together it will be great and I will get the popcorn. have fun you guys and Khushi don't forget

Khushi: the ice cream, I won't trust me it's my favorite bye thanks.

Anjali was happy to see Khushi being casual with her again and that was what she wants for Khushi to accept her as a friend.
Khushi stop blaming Anjali for marrying her father and decided to get close to her since she is not at fault and also a victim too.

Next chapter

Anjali and Khushi bonding

Khushi in AR