Time

A long creaking sound of the rustic hinges turning after not being used for ages echoed in the empty and dark hallway of the second floor of the Purple Old Manor which made the already horrifying and cold atmosphere creepy. But a person can be seen standing in front one of the doors while holding a selfie stick with his mobile phone that is the only source of the light around him.

This person, who unexpectedly has a soul of a demon, is a horror livestream anchor which is the reason why he chose the Purple Old Manor, that was rumored to be evil, to explore tonight for the content of his livestream. Since the Purple Old Manor is evil, then it is definitely very dangerous. However, surprisingly, this person is not like everyone else that die for wealth as birds die for feed. Because this person does not consider himself to be a person.

And this person is none other than Su Yu, who is currently pushing the door of the second room open as he raised his selfie stick so that the light coming from his mobile phone's flashlight would illuminate the inside of the room. So, Su Yu, as well as the audience of his livestream saw the childish design of the room along with the scattered toys and some crafts, which was obviously done by a child. Then, there are also textbooks used in schools.

It was again a child that owns this room. This made the probability of Su Yu's increase.

"It was another child's room!"

"Ugh! Children's room is one of the classic elements of horror movies! Because a child ghost is extremely creepy... very horrifying!"

"Upstairs is right... I once watched a horror movie about a mother and her child... the ending, gahd... I had nightmares about it for a week! It was terrible!"

"True... especially when that scene about the child looking under his bed... no, I can't... or I will have another nightmare again!"

"But, since this is another children's room... could it be that all the rooms in the second floor are owned by the Lei family's children?"

"Upstairs has a point. The adults living in the first floor make it for them to have easier mobility, especially the old ones or the disabled."

"That's right... and the children living in the upper floor is good since not only are they able to go back and forth through the stairs, they could also treat it as a part of exercise especially when their work is in the office where they sit all day."

"What upstairs said is correct. There is this relative of our neighbor who works in an office and usually had an overtime to be paid extra. But, as a result, he had developed an injury. It was really not worth it."

"Wait, the topic is going off... let me turn it back. Since the rooms in the second floor are highly likely to be owned by the children, then the evil ghost should be a child of the Lei family, right?"

"Upstairs must be a detective! You are right! The evil ghost came out of the first room, so it must really be a child of the Lei family!"

"But the question is, which child? Which generation?"

"And the most important question is: why is it haunting the manor?"

"That's right... isn't the manor its own home where it grew up?"

"I am also puzzled about this. After I heard that the Purple Old Manor was haunted, and actually being auctioned off overseas, then I think that the evil ghost is haunting the manor because it is angry that its home is being sold."

"Wait a second... the Purple Old Manor was already given as an inheritance to one of the Lei family's child, right? Then, it was that child's right on what to do with the old manor."

"Upstairs is correct. Whoever owns it now has the right about the property. It is just that... it is saddening to see such a beautiful manor be sold to an outsider."

"That's right. Call me sentimental, but I also feel sad about the auction thing. Also, the old manor is a heritage house. Does it really have to end up in an outsider's hands?"

"Wait, the topic has derailed again - !"

"I want to ask what is the anchor's thought about this."

Su Yu saw the last comment and fell silent as he pondered. "Times change." He spoke after a while.

"Huh? 'times change'?"

"What does that mean?"

"It sounds poetic?"

"But also concise and direct."

"So, what does this mean?"

"As a history student, I can say that the anchor's words mean that time makes difference. This is true about the dynasties in the past. And, as an ordinary person, I can say that the anchor's words mean that time is progressive. The people of the past treat their era as their present. But their future is our present. Meanwhile, in the future, the people of that era will refer to our era as the past."

"Wow... deep words! My views have broadened!"

"In fact, these words... this notion is just self-reflective. But, with how people are running for their time at present, how many of them can think deeply about these things?"

"That's right. Honestly, I myself am too busy to reflect with these things. I mean, we have to make a living, right? And sometimes, what we earn is not even enough to feed our family."

"Upstairs is correct. Your words hit especially the poor people, like me. I honestly do not earn enough for our family, and I feel really ashamed."

"The person above me, no need to feel ashamed since you are already have to be honored since you are a part of the working class that not only work for yourself, for your family, but also for the country. Unlike those keyboard warriors... *eyeroll"

"Unlike those keyboard warriors *eyeroll +77777"

"But, honestly... what does the anchor think?"

Su Yu looked at the comment and smiled. "I mean that we have to grab every opportunity that we can." He answered.

The author has something to say:

A soup for the soul for today. I am sooooo tired due to the festivity in our province.